Tuesday, November 18, 2008

5 Months Old!



Josiah is 5 months old. Can you believe it? I'm so in awe of how quickly his infanc
y is passing me by. Don't get me wrong--some days have been extremely long with all the discomfort and complications he's had. But still, his babyhood is fleeting!



My beautiful and wonderful sister-in-law made a comment on a previous blog that got me thinking about how I share Siah's days with the rest of the world. She knows of all he's been through, but commented that it's hard to tell he's improving since I've always only posted pics of him smiling! Most days of his life he's struggled, cried, screamed. But it's true, I usually only post pictures of his happy moments. And the reason I do is because I'm amazed that in the midst of all his struggles and discomfort Josiah does still radiate such joy!

JoJo is eating well with his new formula, gaining weight, and showing such a peace and gentle contentment we haven't seen since his newborn days. His transition to sleeping nightly in his crib (as opposed to dozing off in the swing or passing out in the bassinet the last few months) came just slightly before the formula was introduced, so those transitions have happened together and are going very well. He often sleeps in 'til 8:30am! Occasionally he wakes in the night, but usually just replacing his lost pacifier sends him right back to dreamland! Overall he's doing fantastic with his big boy crib! (I've had 4.5 months of sleeping all night that other mom's don't usually get, so recovering a pacifier is not a big deal!)


We've also come to discover Siah's foot fetish! He likes his feet, he likes other people's feet; the silly boy likes feet!



"Hey, what's this?"










"I think these are my toes."











"Mom, feet are so cool!"






He's also discovered his thumb and will sometimes suck on it, which is incredible to me because Kyleigh didn't really care to notice hers until she was almost a year old and since she didn't really have much interest in a pacifier, she didn't suck her thumb at all! Funny how different all kids are! We are so in love with our sweet 5 month old boy!


5 comments:

Jon said...

Happy 5 months to Josiah! Almost half a year! Micah will be 4 months on the 24th, it is going by so quickly!! It's going to be so much fun when these babies get together someday (hopefully soon). I love the pictures, he is so beautiful!!
Crystal

Jon said...

PS you are right about other Mama's not getting so much sleep, lol, I can't even imagine that! I hesitate to be jealous though since I love the snuggle time co-sleeping brings & also the fact that as long as I'm night feeding, I seem to be in-fertile for a little while :p
Crystal

Jessica said...

Crystal, I don't think I could ever associate the word "infertile"--even for a while--with someone who created 5 beautiful children in 8 years! LOL But I'm glad you're enjoying those precious moments with my newest nephew! When do we get to meet one another's newest babies?

Jon said...

Well, I wasn't sure if I should say I don't OVULATE...sounds so...Um, I don't know...but you are right, infertile isn't a good description for me/us :0)

I hope so, we hope to know more after your bubba's birfday!

Jon said...

SOON not so...ah!