What a crazy afternoon!
Some friends from Ohio, Eli and Jenn, have been at a conference in Nashville the past few days, scheduled to drive home today. We hoped to either travel to Nashville to visit or have them stop in BG on their drive home, but we hadn't been able to coordinate schedules.
Then today there was a knock at my front door. I wasn't dressed for company, had one baby screaming at the top of his lungs, and a toddler waking from a long nap wanting to eat. So, I gathered myself a bit, and when I looked outside all I saw was a vehicle in my driveway, but no longer anyone on the doorstep. I guessed it could have been someone interested in our house for sale--and had no intention of letting some random people in my home without an appointment--so I went on about dealing with the kids.
A little while later I got a phone call from my hubby, letting me know Eli and Jenn had gone to the mall to visit him on his break at work--and that was who had knocked on our door! I felt terrible, they'd gone out of their way on a long drive home to stop and visit with us and I didn't even go to the door! So I gathered up the kids and headed to the mall! On our way out we found this sweet note on our door:



We haven't seen this couple in a few years, and it was their first meeting with both our kids, so that was super sweet. Their two precious kiddos were back in OH with relatives, but hopefully we'll get to catch up with them before too long!

Thx Eli and Jenn for visiting...and sorry that when you said,
"Knock, knock"
I didn't ask, "Who's there?"!
Then today there was a knock at my front door. I wasn't dressed for company, had one baby screaming at the top of his lungs, and a toddler waking from a long nap wanting to eat. So, I gathered myself a bit, and when I looked outside all I saw was a vehicle in my driveway, but no longer anyone on the doorstep. I guessed it could have been someone interested in our house for sale--and had no intention of letting some random people in my home without an appointment--so I went on about dealing with the kids.
A little while later I got a phone call from my hubby, letting me know Eli and Jenn had gone to the mall to visit him on his break at work--and that was who had knocked on our door! I felt terrible, they'd gone out of their way on a long drive home to stop and visit with us and I didn't even go to the door! So I gathered up the kids and headed to the mall! On our way out we found this sweet note on our door:


We haven't seen this couple in a few years, and it was their first meeting with both our kids, so that was super sweet. Their two precious kiddos were back in OH with relatives, but hopefully we'll get to catch up with them before too long!

Thx Eli and Jenn for visiting...and sorry that when you said,
"Knock, knock"
I didn't ask, "Who's there?"!

1 comment:
Happy Thanksgiving!!!
Jonathan & Crystal & kids
Post a Comment