Today I received an email regarding some winning Lottery numbers from November 5th--the day following elections.
In particular, the "Pick 3" drawing from the Illinois Lottery.

Now, we all know Obama calls Illinois home, right? Well, when he got elected as our next US President,
the winning lotto numbers were 6-6-6. NO JOKE!
I looked it up myself @
http://www.illinoislottery.com/subsections/numbers2.htm.
At the bottom of the page choose the year 2008,
look down the list for Nov. 5th, and you'll see what I saw!
Readers who know me realize that my hopes for our next Pres. were about the person, not either candidate's skin tone. Inside, the truth is I am excited that our country feels ready to elect an African American leader. I'd be stoked if we had an Asian American or even a Polka Dotted President! Who isn't ready for something besides a stuffy old white guy in office?
The issue, though, for me, is actually quite simple.
I don't believe Obama's the right person for the job. Period.
Who cares that he's a good orator or that his little girls are cute. Who really cares what race he is? Not me. I believe eligible voters should get out and vote, and voters should choose person over party and choose character over color.
Frankly, Obama lacks integrity and character. I wouldn't want him running my local car wash, let alone my country!
So, obviously the vote didn't go my way and in January Obama will become the Leader of the Free World
...if that's still what our country will truly be.
Recently a friend posted these remembrances online:
God is in control. God knows the hearts of men. According to Scripture, how are we to respond? How will you respond?

No comments:
Post a Comment