Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Seeing God At Work
I love seeing God work in my kids' hearts!
We have a "no throwing" rule in our home. While I brushed my teeth this a.m the kids stacked foam blocks. As I finished, KyKy came in, head hung, saying "Sorry I disobeyed". HUH? I hugged her, told her I forgave her, & asked what happened. She said she threw a toy & was sorry. I'd NEVER have known, but she respected & trusted me enough to confess. God is good!
*******************************************
Do you wonder why I told Kyleigh she was forgiven before I asked what she'd done? Because it didn't matter what she'd done...I love her, and I forgive her. I always will. Always. That's unconditional love. It doesn't mean I will approve of all her choices (like throwing a toy)...it means I accept her.
*******************************************
I'm really hopeful for my kids to know they can always come to me. My own mother did/does not show that kind of love or acceptance. Her feelings toward her children always felt to me to be conditional. I've never met her expectations so she disowned me & she and I no longer have a relationship. I pray daily that God would help me to build a lasting relationship with my children.
Ya know, I think I have good, well-behaved kids, and still what happened today truly struck my heart with my daughter's innocence. I make mistakes daily in my parenting, but then something like this happens and I'm reminded of God's faithfulness. I'm so thankful for His example of His love for His children, and hope that to even the slightest degree I can show that to the ones I love.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Being that it is naptime in our house, I just sat down to the computer. Your post was in my Google Reader and I am so glad it was. This was something that I needed to hear today! Thanks for sharing. :O)
Post a Comment