Friday, December 11, 2009
Q & A
We just learned of our pregnancy on Wednesday, and already we've had an onslaught of questions about our 3rd baby and our plans for 2010! I will attempt to answer some of those for you!
*How do I feel?
~I feel just fine. It's a bit early in the game for morning sickness, but I'm aware that I could face a little of that. I had sickness w/ each of my first two pregnancies, but because I know women who stay sick for the entire 9 months I consider the morning sickness I had w/ my previous pregnancies very minor (though it doesn't feel that way while going through it!), and I'm hoping for little-to-none this time around.
*When am I due?
~Our highly-educated guess is approximately the third week in August. Obviously, based on baby's growth and other factors this date will vary during the process, but August is our basic time frame.
*Is this happy news?
~YES!!! How could it not be? What a blessing!
*Was this pregnancy planned?
~Well, first let me say that when two people are married, the possibility of pregnancy is automatically part of the equation! Ha! We recently discussed the hope of growing our family in 2010. We've never set a "goal" or "time limit", as we believe the Lord has a plan for us all, and ages before Chris and I were ever born He knew when we, our children, and our grandchildren would come into this world! We're thankful it's worked out that we feel ready to parent a third child at the same time the Lord wants us to do exactly that!
*Do we have all we need for baby #3?
~HA! You'd think so, right? But NO! We have given away much baby stuff in the last 3 yrs! We always give away outgrown baby clothes to families that ask to use them, and right after we gifted Kyleigh's large baby gear (bassinet, bouncer, etc) we found out we were expecting Josiah and had to start over! And that's happened again--we stored Josiah's equipment and baby gear for a long time, and we recently gave stuff away just to discover now that we're expecting another child! LOL Don't get me wrong, we have no regrets in helping others, we just think it's very ironic!
*How does this news affect Chris's job?
~Well, if you don't know... Just after Chris accepted a banking job in October and gave his two week notice at Kay's, his friend who manages a Zales asked him to help for the holiday season. He'd once told his friend that if he ever left the other company he'd be glad to work for her, and she took him at his word! So Chris has been working his day job plus helping at the mall again this Fall and will do so through the holiday season. Originally Chris planned to leave the jewelry store after the holidays, but with our family structure changing he will consider the option of staying there. No decision has been made yet, so we'll just get through Christmas and wait and see.
*Are we moving?
~We currently have no plans to move. We've had to adjust to going from a newer home that's twice the size w/ brand new appliances to an older home that's half the size and has appliances almost as old as I am, but we're getting by. It's not what we're used to, but really until our next child becomes mobile we don't need to panic!
*Do we have a name chosen?
~When Chris and I were newlyweds, we chose 1 female name and 1 male name for potential future children. And now we've used them both! LOL Since then, I've fallen in love with another girlie name and Chris is on board with that, but neither of us has another boy's name in mind just yet. We are not the kind of couple that will wait until the baby's born to find out the gender. We understand the decision many couples make to wait until Baby's birth--I mean, ultimately ya get what ya get! But we like to know about our children and call them by name because they are unique individuals and we like to refer to them that way. It's going to be a few more months before an ultrasound confirms the baby's gender, and between now and then we'll come to a decision!
If y'all have anymore questions, feel free to ask!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment