Thursday, December 17, 2009

5 out of 40


The 5th week of this pregnancy journey was an uneventful one. I feel well, but a little more tired than usual. Honestly, though, I'm not sure what mommy of small kids isn't more tired than usual this time of year! haha So I'm not certain as to whether or not to attribute this feeling to pregnancy or the holiday season, but what I do know is I'm thankful to finally be sleeping better at night! For almost 3 months I only slept about 3-5 full/nearly-full nights total and was struggling from the long-lasting insomnia, but for slightly over a week I've finally been able to rest well every night--and without the aid of medicine, vitamins, or tea. I'm so thankful for rest.

I've also been making sure I eat throughout the day. I'm not typically a breakfast-eater, but I'm adjusting my daily routine to include the chance to nom on something as I start my day. Oh, and though I was able to give up Pepsi cold turkey with my prior two pregnancies, I wasn't able to this time. (I also wasn't needing as much caffeine before 'cuz I didn't have two toddlers running around!) Maybe I'm weak, but the headaches were just too much to handle! I decided to wean myself this past week from my beloved soda, and that went well! In fact, as I type this, rather than Pepsi I'm actually enjoying a delicious glass of orange juice as my morning "wake up serum" instead. Mmmmm!

So far so good.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

ugh - I don't know how you drink soda so early in the morning. I've seen/heard people do it, though. I'm definitely more of a coffee fan and I know I will struggle to give that up when I'm prego!