Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Healthy & Happy


Today was Josiah's 12 month well-checkup with vaccinations. We had to find a new pediatrician here in Clarksville, and honestly jus
t took the quickest appointment we could get. The doc I was most interested in for our kids couldn't see our family until the last week of July! OY! It wasn't a negative experience, but I still have my heart set on a different pediatrician. Now that Josiah's up to date on his vaccines, we are going to contemplate an upcoming change in physicians. We'll see.

But for now, both our kids are happy and healthy! Yay! Kyleigh seems to be feeling better (not quite 100%, but better than her formerly puking self for sure), and she was a wonderfully helpful and supportive sister at Josiah's checkup today! The doc had given him a tongue depressor to play with (i.e. a distraction during her examination of my munchkin), and when he dropped it and cried, Kyleigh quickly swiped it up, waved it before him, and called the recovered toy to his attention with, "Here Siah!" "Siah, this!" and handed it to her younger brother. Her heart is so completely precious. Being that she's not a fan of medical examinations herself (after going through soooooo many in her brief lifetime), she empathized and wanted so badly to make her brother feel better. You have NO idea how beautiful it really is to see these two kids love each other so much (or maybe you do...if you have kids, I truly hope you know what I mean or that someday you will. It's completely magnificent!).

So today Josiah was weighed and measured and examined.

(I'm gaining weight...)

(...and I'm getting taller. So far so good..)

Then he was poked by needles.

(You're gonna do what??? Ok Mom, I trust you...)

(OUCH! That really hurts, lady!)

I don't like watching that last part much...nor does Josiah enjoy going through it! But he was quite the trooper, and as soon as shot #3 was administered and I kissed him and swiped him up into my arms, he was just fine! We wiped away that last tear, got him dressed, and headed home. Some kids will just cry and cry and cry and fuss and fuss and fuss. But Siah took it like a man, and I haven't heard a peep about it since we left that office! He's still maintaining his growth in the same percentile, the doc said all looks well, and she was impressed with his many big boy abilities at just 1 year old. Yay!



5 comments:

Jordan Carroll said...

Yay! What a big boy! You're kiddos are just precious! Finding a new pediatrician is difficult! We went through two while we were in LA. I always had suspicions about the first one, but he was just so darn close, and I didn't really want to drive an hour! But, after he missed Brady's pneumonia, I had no qualms about that drive. Case-in-point...go with your gut!! Don't learn the hard way like I did! Nothing's more important than those precious babies!

mom said...

Wow he truly did GREAT ... Way to go Josiah! Glad to hear that Kyleigh is on the mend,,,
Have a beautiful July day!!!!

Audra said...

Hey! How are you settling back into Clarksville? If you are ever making a trip to Nashville make sure you give us a call!
audra

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Looks like he came out none the worse for wear. Hailey just had a shot last week. She looked at the nurse and told her, "Thank You" while her chin was quivering. It was just precious. The nurse said she'd never been thanked for giving a kid a shot before. LOL!

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

I hate the shot thing! It makes me want to cry. I would gladly get the shot for them!