

These pics were taken via BlackBerry over the weekend. The kids and I strolled around the mall to escape the excruciating heat of our un-air conditioned home (which I'm told daily will be fixed soon, so I hope it's fixed soon). As we paroosed Kirkland's, Kyleigh came across these mirrors and just couldn't get enough of herself! I can PROMISE you we don't teach this kind of vanity at home. I don't walk around with my hands on my hips, I don't twist and turn in front of mirrors (let's be honest, I don't necessarily want to take in a 360* view on a daily basis!), and we don't watch such TV shows as 'America's Next Top Model'. This is just who she is! She started using a purse before I did (I'm a keys-and-chapstick-in-the-pocket kinda gal, except w/ two kids I finally got a bag so I could carry Mommy-esque stuff!), she likes to wear bracelets and earrings daily even though I generally only wear a wedding band, and before we left BG she started doing a sort of strut up and down a runner (that's a long, narrow rug) inside our foyer, as though it were a runway. You may remember THIS post...it's a random post about my ordeal of getting ice cream late one night while Chris was out of town, but the pic is of Kyleigh strutting on that aforementioned runner that night! Hilarious!I don't know where this comes from, but my girl is just plain girly! But she's also sweet, and so long as she remains humble (as was NOT depicted in the photos! LOL), I'm more than okay with her believing she's beautiful! She IS a beautiful princess in the eyes of our Heavenly Father (and her Earthly Daddy), and we tell her all the time she's a beautiful person with a beautiful heart. I'd like to think that maybe she was using that mirror to try to get a really good view of that super special heart. :)

3 comments:
aww,,, what a cutie pie...
Sorry AGAIN for the a/c. We're also told daily that it will be fixed. I'm just as frustrated as you guys, seriously! I'm not very enthused with the combination of the guy who's fixing it plus our home warranty service. Not only are they charging more, but taking longer. I constantly see your updates about the heat and Kyleigh getting sick. I wish there were other options.
Deleting you on facebook was something I had to do for myself. I've had extreme anxiety lately and feel as if I have no life and am noseying around in others. Trust me, I've done a lot of praying on my knees for God to help all of us get through this very difficult time. I just don't ever know when all of this is going to end. "This" meaning our financial situation and I hate just sitting at home when I could be working if only if I had a car. It just makes it all worse when I sit at home and worry with nothing to keep me occupied. No worries with facebook.
Post a Comment