I realize I haven't been posting anything in the way of "Thrifty Thursday" or "Free Stuff Friday" over the past few weeks. Don't worry, I haven't changed my super cheap-o, coupon-clipping ways. Honestly just been distracted and trying to survive the early onset of Summer weather.
Our A/C has been out 2 weeks of the 3 weeks we've lived here, and though repair is on its way, that has changed our typical lifestyle. I'm not a fan of constantly eating out, but we've struggled to be able to cook many days because it's just been too hot. One day Chris made spaghetti because it was quick and easy, but mixed with the heat it made my tummy feel icky. I can't even contemplate making a normal meal or casserole right now due to the additional heat of the oven plus the heavy content of the food. So we've done some salads, popsicles, and a few microwavable things 'cuz that's about all the time we can spend in the kitchen! (I'm most thankful the A/C worked fine up 'til Josiah's bday party, so making all those cakes was no prob!) So we've been eating out more than is typical for us, so I don't feel like my normal, frugal self lately. But hopefully by next week I'll be back to my domesticated cooking-in-the-kitchen ways!
In the midst of additional spending, though, I have been graciously treated to a couple of freebie items this past week and was VERY excited about them! Ha!
Twice I've been able to go out w/ friends for FREE COFFEE! Not just like a regular cup of brewed coffee, either...both times were a Mocha Frappacino-esque treat from Borders (they call it a different name, but it's the same great treat!). YUM! These yummy beverage treats were compliments of a simple coupon a friend brought to my attention!


Another freebie required purchase, so I bought the cheapest thing I could find in order to maximize my savings. My coupon at Bath and Body Works was for a FREE foaming anti-bacterial hand sanitizer with any purchase. So I purchased one of these for $1...
...and got one of these FREE!
As things settle down around here and we get back into a regular groove, I'm sure I'll have lots of exciting deals to share. For now, I hope you have a fun (and also a safe) Independence Day celebration!
1 comment:
awesome freebie... the frozen treat looks yummy...
Jess, can you send me natalie's web site... I tried to open the one listed, but i couldn't find it... thanks..
HAPPY 4th to you...
GOT AC??????
Post a Comment