Friday, March 27, 2009

My Little Love Bug!


This post isn't really about much of anything...

Since Kyleigh was born, or maybe was still an "interior baby", my dad has always called her "Kyleigh Bug". He loves his Kyleigh Bug (as he loves all 7 of his grandbabies--
yes, that means my bro and sis-in-law have 5 cool kids!).

To add flavah to our Baby Einstein video collection, my parents gave Kyleigh a sign language video about "the great outdoors" last Summer when Josiah was born, but she had no interest. Early in '09 I tried again, and she loved it! She soaked in knowledge of signing the words of animals and plants in the forest (raccoon, butterfly, fox, worm, tree, wolf, tent, etc). This included the words "ant" and "bug", of which she prefers bug, but realizes they're interchangeable.

Ok, so we had some ants near our backdoor recently, and Kyleigh
kept signing "bug" over and over. Then my hubby asked teasingly, "Bug? Like you? Like *Kyleigh Bug*?" Though Grandpa always calls her that, Mommy and Daddy don't, so she thought her Daddy was declaring that she's a bug! So she shook her head "No". We chuckled, so she thought this was a funny way to name her family, so she proceeded to call everyone else a bug just to see if we'd laugh! "DaDa bug, MaMa bug, JoJo bug" (as if declaring, "JoJo is a bug") and laughed heartily at her own silly, kind-hearted name-calling!

No, Josiah's not really a bug--except that I consider him to be a Love Bug! My precious boy is just so darn precious!
He's so loving and silly and
has the greatest baby boy smile! Here's a couple pics of my Josiah taken today. I know, there's really no point to this post, but it's my blog and I'll gush over my sweet babies if I want to!












There's Loving Josiah/ Then there's Silly JoJo (subtly distinct!)
He's Stylin' Josiah (check the dino shoes!)/ And My Sweetie Boy

2 comments:

CD said...

Oh man, that is the cutest story...I love lil' Kyleigh bug, how adorable! She is too funny!! Pics of stylin Jo Jo are cute too, he is precious!!

Jon said...

Best post yet!