Well, if you ask Josiah, it's ME!
He's been kinda mumbling/fumbling more and more sounds of late, and today was the day my son most clearly called me 'Mama', without any doubt or wonder of "is that what he said?" or "did it sound like that to you?". And tonight while Chris was home and the whole family was playing a game on the floor, Josiah called me 'Mama' over and over and over! Chris and Kyleigh and I all cheered! Kyleigh even gasped, then excitedly informed us, "JoJo says Mama"...as though we hadn't caught it ourselves! (I wonder, what else did she think we were clapping for??? It doesn't matter, I'm just so glad to have children who rejoice together in one another's gains and accomplishments)!Kyleigh had started speaking 'DaDa' while younger than Josiah I believe, but JoJo skipped right over that and went for 'MaMa'. I love that he's a Mama's boy, as Josiah and I have developed a different relationship than Kyleigh and I share. I suppose it's more like the bond Kyleigh has with her daddy. Whatever it is, it's awesome! But I'm not going to lie to myself or anyone reading this--I still kinda think Josiah's favorite person ever is Kyleigh! But perhaps since she doesn't pick him up for snuggles and her name is tougher to say, Mama got this tribute as one of Josiah's "firsts". LOL

3 comments:
OHHHHHH so happy, how precious... I know that absolutely blessed your sox off... Mama J
I remember crying in the Dominos when Levi said Mama to me...I flipped completely out in front of everybody! :) Happy Day Happy Day
Woops, sorry, I forgot to log out of his login thingie, hee hee
Post a Comment