Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Hyalophagia


Hyalophagia (h-l-fj) is the medical term for the eating or chewing of glass. No, this is not a new hobby of mine. But my throat would have us believe that's so!

During our time in Ohio for Grandma's funeral, we stayed at the home of friends, in which one adult was catching a cold and a baby had ear infections plus the croup. We didn't stand a chance. After our jaunt to Chattanooga, we returned home to find the kids and I had all acquired colds. Chris did well for a few days before his body gave in, too, and he's now battling a bit of a cough.

I'm sparing you any pics of the kids' runny noses, but maybe this drawing will be a helpful visual description of my current state!

5 comments:

CD said...

Aw, I'm sorry to hear this!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

I pray you will all start feeling better soon. Love the graphic! A picture is worth a thousands words.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a case of strep... Pray you get better... Pick some throat coat tea up at Kroger if you have one there... It works wonders... Emergen-C to boost the immune up and some good old fashioned lipton chicken soup....
can you tell this is from mom? Love you sweeite...

Anonymous said...

LOL>.. too many typo's - sleep deprived today... we think your lil sis needs a twin bed, no room on the toddler to stretch,,,

Jodi said...

I know - and I thought of that, believe me! However, like I said, it was all last minute. I didn't even know we were going to Nashville, or let alone be stopping for a hotel at 2 am in B.G.!!