As I mentioned at the end of my last post, Chris got off work early yesterday. That was part of a good news/bad news scenario, in which he was supposed to be off work all day today, but found out he'd have to cover a coworker's shift due to illness. So he got to come home early yesterday, he works all day today, and tomorrow he'll work only 8-9 hrs instead of 12-13 hrs to help make up for today's extra shift. Yeah, I said only 8-9 hrs...that's sad, I think that's normal for most people, but it's big in our world!
Since we don't get the kind of family time we'd like right now, we try to soak up each opportunity to be together. Chris loves Bob Evans and there's one just down the street (Bob Evans farm & restaurant originated in Rio Grande, OH--the town where Chris attended college, which is only a few miles from where he grew up, so his love for Bob Evans food started young!). Since we don't eat out much, we decided to enjoy the treat of an affordable dinner out to avoid dishes and such so we could just play with the kids. It was a yummy dinner, starting with the Oreo Cookies & Cream pie!
(I tend to start with dessert...life's short, and besides, it's easier to take home leftover dinner than dessert, right?!)

After dinner we just chilled and played with the kids. Kyleigh even got us to watch her new LittlePeople dvd along with her (the one we got FREE from ToysRUs earlier)! Then we read stories together and sent the kids off to bed. It was a sweet, busy day (factor in a.m. dishes, meals, laundry, etc), and a fulfilling one. I can't wait 'til the day comes that we spend this kind of time together on a more regular basis!




3 comments:
Hey Jessica - Do you have Natalie and Josh's email address? They came to Grace this morning, and I'd love to email them! thanks, Lori
How do you stay so skinny eating all those yummy, incredible desserts? LOL!
What cute pics....sounds like a fun weekend for you all... we miss you all lots...
Hugs and lots 'o' kisses...
Post a Comment