Sunday, March 15, 2009

The Dessert Was SERIOUS!


About every 3 months (sadly, sometimes longer) I get a night out with two longtime friends, Camilla and Cynthia. We see each other in-between for bday parties or football rivalry games, but girls-only nights are less frequent. Nothing wild and crazy, usually just dinner and laughter. This typically happened for us when Cynthia dropped in from Missouri for a long weekend here 'n there, but she recently moved just a few miles away from Camilla in Nashville, so it's certain to be a more frequent event for all of us!

Dinner and laughter. That's what Saturday night was, and it was a much needed outing! I'd been sick all last week, and even contemplated canceling our plans, but we'd already done that in Feb. so I had to make it happen! I'm so glad I went, it was a really fun night!

The wait at the Cheesecake Factory was super long and we were starving (we're serious about our food!), so we scored a reservation at BrickTop's on this busy Saturday night instead. There was still a wait, but the food was soooo worth it! And the dessert was SeRiOuS! So serious, in fact, it was served in a skillet! We each ordered The Chocolate Chip, which is a "warm homemade chocolate chip cookie in its own skillet with vanilla ice cream & caramel sauce". DUDE, it was soooo good! *Sigh*

After dining, I got to see Milla's new place. Yes, Thia's the one who just moved to town, but Milla just changed apartments last m
onth, so she's also sorta setting up home. We chatted and laughed--ya know it's a good time when someone pulls out the old yearbooks! Hahaha! I met Thia and Milla back in 6th grade (umm, that was Fall 1993, so over 15 yrs ago!). They've been great friends to me for a decade and a half...and I hope we're still laughing together all the way to the nursing home! And I hope that nursing home has some SeRiOuS dessert, too!

*Oh, and Chris and the kids had a GREAT night, too! Chris had a free movie rental coupon, so he rented Madagascar 2, thinking the kids would watch 5 min of it (they only watch PBS tv or Baby Einstein DVDs), but apparently they were enamored and watched all but about 5 minutes worth! They boogied and played and apparently didn't miss me at all during their little house party, and I'm so glad they enjoyed their evening! In honor of their fun, I added a new song to my playlist...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh-so-SERIOUS!!! I had such a wonderful time! In fact, I enjoyed my leftovers for lunch today :)

Jon said...

I had that cookie dessert before. It was good, but I've had better. Crystal makes a chocolate chip cookie that is to die for. I wouldn't die for just any cookie.

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Around here we call those "buffalo chips"! They are yummy!

Jon said...

I wouldn't eat a "buffalo chip" :) Sounds like a cow patty!