Thursday, March 5, 2009

A Day of Firsts!


Last Wednesday morning we kept our scheduled dental appointments for Chris, Kyleigh, and myself before leaving a couple days later for Ohio. It was Kyleigh's very 1st dental appointment, and she did wonderfully! All looks good with her chompers, so we're glad for that good report!















That afternoon I also experienced a "first"...my first visit with an optometrist. I wasn't questioning my vision, but I've had intense migraines that have left me baffled as to the cause. The migraines have caused me to be sensitive to light, sound, touch, smell, and even made me physically sick--so gross, reminds me of pregnancy! Sometimes migraines can be affected by hormone surges, but I don't think my hormones are that out of whack, as Josiah's almost 9 mo. old and I think post-baby hormonal things are regulated by now since I'm no longer nursing or anything. And for the record, NO, I'm not pregnant right now.

So anyway, we decided it was a good idea to start with checking my vision. The good news is it's still 20/20! Yaay! The other news is that I've gotta go to a neurologist--oh my! Chris thinks it's funny that I've got to get my head examined...I say it's about time! It's really hard to function adequately as a parent of two young kids when I'm blown over by these migraines, so hopefully we'll find the cause soon!
In the meantime, I'm acquiring lenses for reading and computer use. They're lenses that will reduce glare, and perhaps that'll help with any slight strain I may put on my eyes, in hopes of eliminating any contributing factors for my migraines. My hubby managed to talk me into red frames--can you believe it? I was thinking black or brown. But nope, red--it's so fun to branch out a little! They should arrive next week, so I'll try to get a pic of them soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow... Glad you made it home safe and sound... Glad you made the trip together to OH... Love the pics....
Miss you all...