Monday, March 30, 2009

Attacked!


Today was a pretty nice day. Just a generally good, p
roductive, and fun day. Chris was off work (scheduling change, new 'off' day). Things got done today---the lawn was mowed, dishes and laundry were washed, bathrooms were cleaned, meals were cooked, phone calls were made, errands were completed, then there was play time!

Kyleigh and I had some awesome Mommy/Daughter time by running errands today. Mostly grocery shopping stuff. She'd recently acquired some FREE Color Wonder markers, which are cool for parents 'cuz they only show up on special paper--not on her hands, furniture, etc. The only problem was she didn't have the special paper, so the markers were basically drawing "clear" onto all the other paper she tried (seriously, she'd tried white paper as well as multiple colors from her construction paper pad, hoping one would eventually produce)! Among the $47 worth of FREE stuff I got today while grocery shopping, I had a $5 gift card to a local store that sold this Color Wonder paper---so perfect---
$4.67+6% tax=$4.95
! Please understand, I really LOVE my kids...but I'm not likely to pay $5 for paper on a regular basis, so this deal made Kyleigh and I both happy! My girl really enjoyed coloring this afternoon with her imagination-bending markers and paper, and I felt special when she invited me to join her! This personal invite also got me out of cooking dinner--yippee (sorry you had to cook, Babe)!

Later there was a game of hide & seek, which always results in a tickle-fest with Kyleigh and laughter from the on-looking Josiah! I love this game because I always get to hear my sweetie girl's laughter and feel her sweet embrace when I catch her and the tickle attack begins! After running around the house with a toddler, I was exhausted and had to sprawl out on the floor. At that point, Josiah seemed to try to engage me in play-time with him, but his methods were a little rough! He seemed to be wrestling me to the ground (though I was already on the ground!) and he even pulled on my hair! It's just not right to be attacked this way by a child who can't even walk or talk!

I sat right up and started "attacking" back, by gnawing on his fingers! He thought that was so funny, and he continued to touch my face and offer up his fingers for me to gnaw on!
After I "attacked", I then started making "threats".

"I'm gonna kiss you..."
"Here it comes: Mmmm..."
"...mwwaahh!"

Then Siah got his turn at a tickle-fest, which I initiated for purely selfish reasons---just to hear his giggle! I love his sweet giggle and grin that come with his sparkly blue eyes! (Ignore the fact that I look crazy in these pics...
what can I say, I was acting crazy!)

(No, I wasn't clawing him, just tickling his ribs!)

(My boy loves being tickled!)



So exhausted, but so worth it.



5 comments:

Grandma said...

Awww...these are such cute pics and what snuggle fun... love them, can't wait to get some of them lovins from precious Ky, she gives the best hugs,,, and JoJo gives the biggest kisses... We love you all and miss you much...

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

So much fun! You sound like a great mom. Playing with our kids is so great for them and us.

Your kids are soooo cute!

It brings a smile to my face when you said you mowed the lawn today. Ours is still brown and there is still snow on it in spots. Hope you are enjoying (and appreciating) spring wherever you are, LOL!

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

so precious!

Sarah @ Home + Education said...

I have to say, your two kids are adorable! I know you probably hear that alot, but they truly are!

CD said...

These pictures are awesome!! You look like you are enjoying your sweet blessings the way God meant for Mamas to!