Monday, January 12, 2009

Josiah's Latest Version Of "Crawling"


Josiah has been attempting mobility for a while now, and we thought he may have his first true (at least distinct) crawl at Kyleigh's birthday party, but it wasn't quite so. Today I recorded a snippet of his latest version of mobility or "crawling", if it can be called that. I think for a while Kyleigh had kind of a low-crawl way of getting around, then soon she would push up on all fours, rock back and forth, and go! Josiah's got a rock-n-drag thing goin' on right now.
Whatever works for him is fine with me!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

SO cute! I have seen lots of different versions of crawling (Daniel did the commando crawl for along time) but I have never really seen one like Josiah's! Poor thing is exerting so much more energy that he needs to :o). He'll be completely mobile soon enough mom!

Jessica said...

Haha, Summer, it's so true, he's exhausting himself! I think it's because each time he gets his knees up underneath, he ends up leaning/tilted, and rolls to the side anyhow, so now he seems to cut out the knee-tucking and just throws his weight around! LOL Silly boy!

Anonymous said...

How cool, this is one way that will tire him out for a good long nap for his mama to get some rest...tooooooo cute lil man...
we love you...

Anonymous said...

How did I miss this? I thought the Big Helper post was the one before the diaper bag post? He is too cute!! That is such a funny crawl!! He is going to be all over the place soon!