Thursday, January 8, 2009

Starting '09 With Good Health In Mind

The kids have had pediatric appointments this week, both receiving immunizations--woo hoo, what fun!

Kyleigh was due for hers upon reaching the 2 yr mark, Josiah's w
ere put off upon reaching the 6 mo. mark in mid-December. We waited until after holiday and birthday celebrations so as to avoid mixing contagious kids w/ healthy ones. Kyleigh's handled her shots like a trooper, but poor Josiah has been pitifully sad about the process. His wimpers just break my heart!

I took pics of Kyleigh's appointments up to 1 yr old, and I'm trying to do the same for Josiah. Chris attended Kyleigh's appointment, didn't even take the camera with him. I attended Josiah's appointment, and of c
ourse I took pics!

Josiah was smiley and flirty with the nurse. He thought she was so sweet when he got his yummy oral meds! But once she started stabbing his chubby legs, he felt so betrayed he wouldn't even look at her as we left the office! Poor little man! Since we got home, though, he's been sleepy, but still keeping a great appetite, so he should be fine by the start of next week. I'll add pics below.

Kyleigh has remained in the 5th percentile for her height, approx. 20th percentile for weight.

Josiah has remained in the 10-25th percentile for height, approx. 25th percentile for weight.






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, the cousins both had their shots at almost the same time! I don't like the poke pics, but boy, he is SUCH a cutie pie! I love his hair!! Micah was cool with his first one but the 2nd shot was painful. He was a trooper though & stopped crying as soon as I was able to pick him up :) I hate it when they get their shots! I always feel especially concerned afterward & keep a close eye on them & pray :0) Kyleigh sounds like she did great! We are due to get Caleb's 18 month appt, I am SUCH a procrastinator! Is the cam we sent working for you yet? Love you!

Me said...

Oh Your little Josiah is ADORABLE!!!!! Girl, I still think he looks like you. ;)
You said they were in the lower percentile for their height, how long are they?

Anonymous said...

OH no, no fun lil man...
we are there next week...OUCH... Moriah gfreaks when we go to the room and tells the nurse 'go'
We will have her M of the MMR dose...EEKKK...

Anonymous said...

meant to type the word freaks...
what is gfeaks...LOL