Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Day In History

Today, January 20, 2009, will be forever remembered
as a
remarkable day in U.S. history.
Barrack Obama was sworn in as our 44th Pr
esident.

While I'm not ecstatic about the country's choice of this particular man as our leader, I am pleased to have witnessed such a special event. It should not be remarkable but standard to see a variety of races hold office, and hopefully in the future we'll see many more Presidents of different races and ethnic backgrounds. I desire this to be common place one day for my gro
wn children and my grandchildren to witness! Still, though, early in the 21st century it's still a new concept, and I'm glad to I was able to see this occasion.

The Bush administration comes to an end.
The Obama administration prepares to begin.The Obama Family's items are moved into their new home
...on Pennsylvania Avenue.
Barack Obama
Barack Hussein Obama is sworn in
as the 44th President of the United States.
What I liked most about this event was that our new President was sworn in using Abraham Lincoln's Bible--phenomenal! I don't believe any other President since Lincoln has used it for this purpose, so that's special!



No comments: