Is it possible? Yep, Josiah is a spectacular 7 months old!

I love this boy, he's just got the sweetest way about him. He's adjusted very well to being formula-fed for the past two months--thankfully he took to it immediately! We actually just recently switched brands, and it didn't phase him a bit, so I can tell he'll likely be the kind of boy who doesn't care what he eats as long as he gets to eat something!
He's giggly and silly, and over the last few months he's developed individual relationships with each family member:
Daddy is to Josiah what a hooked worm is to a fish, and Josiah is completely drawn to him and watches every move this man models before him. It's so awesome for me to observe Josiah observing Chris. These two have such a special kinship, and my heart delights in their playful bond!



JoJo's sister is his playmate and friend, his companion and entertainer. She loves to help with any need (even if her version of reading him a story doesn't include using many words or showing him pictures, he's patient and grateful!) and she makes him laugh like no one else can, and this interaction makes my heart so happy!

And I'm the Mommy, the woman in his life right now. Knowing that one day I'll be giving that spot to someone else has increased my heart's desire to resemble such a woman as is described in Proverbs 31, for I know my example in his life may greatly impact such decisions as the kind of woman he chooses for his future bride. I want the best for him, so I need to be the best for him! Until that time comes in the very distant future, though, this sweetie's snuggles are all mine!

He's sitting up a bit on his own, though it's simply not his favorite thing to do. One might think that means he's lazy, but we know that can't be completely true after seeing the extra effort he puts into "crawling"...major energy for something that could be done much more simply! (see recent video posted for an example!) He just has his own ways, and if that's a sign our son's a trailblazer that's fine by me!
So far he's got at least one tooth trying to make its way into his smile. He makes a lot of verbal noise and babbling, but no defined words as of yet. I'm so excited for him to say Da-Da and Ma-Ma! I remember when Kyleigh first spoke I thought she was so brilliant I wanted to enroll her in college, and I'll likely try to enroll my brilliant son when he starts talking, too!
Well, that's the update.
He's growing and he's gorgeous--he's our little man!

1 comment:
He is so cute!! This year is going by so fast! I can't believe Micah is nearly 6 months & Josiah is already 7 months. It won't be long before they are 1, uh, yeah, let's not dwell on that too much. ha ha.
Post a Comment