Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Great Read for Wives


I love, love, love my sister-in-law! She's been a woman of strength and encouragement to me for many years. She loves my brother and the large brood of children that have enriched their lives! What's impressive is that she's not satisfied only to love them, but she wants to love them the way God means for her to, the way He instructs her to.

(*Oh, and another impressive thing is her musical talent--
she plays the guitar and sings like an angel!)

Her most recent post was shared through a different online outlet a few months ago, and now she's sharing this part of her heart on her blog. I encourage wives to hop over to her page and check it out, and to grab a copy of the book "Created To Be His Help Meet" by Debbie Pearl. I'll warn you, it's not an easy read! It made me defensive and even angry at some points. It's a miracle I didn't rip any pages right out of the binding, but it's worth persevering through!

So please check out this entry and others she's posted, and get to know this fabulous woman's amazing heart!

It's called "Feminine Beauty" @ www.gatheringlilies.blogspot.com


3 comments:

CD said...

Ha, thanks Chica! Love you lots!!

CD said...

Oh & DARN that book, it is the hugest pain wrapped up in the hugest blessing ever! He he he

Me said...

I actually read this book in college, it was lent to me by what I "hoped" would be my future mother-in-law (she was) I actually threw the book across my dorm room.
But what I read did stick with me and has made a huge difference in our marriage.
I must tell you though, I think this Author has written another book called "To train up a child." And I was quite insulted by it.Angry even. It was different than how we plan on raising and discipling our children, and so it was hard to understand where they were coming from I guess? Just a heads up if you come across it. Its also a tough read, but for other reasons.