My weekly Community Group/Bible Study meeting was canceled yesterday. Since we had no other plans, I was certain it would be an ordinary, boring day...but I was wrong!
As we pulled up to the bank to take Chris to the dentist, Kyleigh woke up and wet her pants. She hasn't done that since being potty-trained at age 2! Maybe it was because she fell asleep? Not sure. Fortunately, I had extra panties in my purse, but not extra clothes. We were shocked, but luckily we were near a Goodwill store, so Chris watched the kids while I ran inside and bought Kyleigh a dress. I paid $2.49 for this adorable dress that she got compliments on the entire rest of the afternoon--awesome! We put a blanket under KyKy in her car seat and we were ready to go...
We can't get Kyeligh into the busy pediatric dentist 'til June & Chris's dentist had an opening for yesterday at approx. the same time Chris was being seen, so we took it! Kyleigh has had her teeth inspected before, but this was her first cleaning. She did AMAZING! Everyone was very friendly, explained each step before it happened, and made her feel comfortable and confident. She loved the little tool that sucked the liquid from her mouth--they called it Mr. Thirsty, and it made her laugh every time! She got a clean bill of health and her teeth sparkle like a princess!
Looking for Daddy from the lobbyas we awaited Kyleigh's appointment

This is Mr. Thirsty ↑↑↑
And this is Kyleigh laughing at Mr. Thirsty! ↑↑↑
All done, her teeth are in perfect princess condition!
Once back to his own car, Chris dropped off his Rx for pain medicine and I took the kids home so we could start dinner & laundry (like KyKy's clothes & car seat!). As everyone else ate dinner, I picked up the Rx and some other little groceries. While Josiah's still a mama's boy, he's been missing time with his daddy, so in the evening to let Chris and Siah have some chill time, Kyleigh and I went out for a little bit of girl time. Between the haircut, the McD's, the accident/new dress, and the dentist it was a big day for her.Thursday was a terrific day, and I really needed that. Wednesday had been an AWFUL day. Just awful. I had cried, the kids had cried...it was just such a rotten day. But thankfully each day is new, and I'm so grateful we had a fresh start and a whole lotta fun!


5 comments:
These pictures are adorable, I especially love the very last one, lol. I remember Naomi's first trip to the dentist, she was 2 yrs old. Kyleigh reminded me of her first time...so sweet. You got great pictures of it & so glad you guys have a great dentist staff that is good with children!!
Kyleighs hair looks so pretty & Josiah looks so happy with those chicken nuggets (how cute!)
We all have our no good very bad days, I am so glad to hear this day was so much better!!!
OMG --- Will have to show her Auntie MoMo these pics..maybe she will say 'yes',,,, when we talk about going and preparing her, she cries so much... I am waiting until she is '3' in hopes that is the number to go, though she needs to go now...
I love these...
Kudos for Kyleigh.... What a BIG girl...
love all the pics
Your children look so happy!
Head over to my blog if you want a good laugh. I'm sure you have many stories of your own like this!
Ahhhh, Little Ones!
Your daughter is turning into such a big girl. Love your new header picture!
Yeah for happy days! And you need to tell me every secret that you have on hand for how you got that sweet girl to let those people touch her teeth. Daniel will not be so agreeable :o/
Post a Comment