Thursday, March 4, 2010
Gotta Luv A List!
I love a list. It has structure. It has order. It has goals.
It has reminders. Gotta luv a list!
Spring cleaning has been my most recent mission!
**Completed Tasks**
*Sort the kids' clothing
~boxed up the too-small items, maybe for Jellybean!
*Organize the play space
~removed baby toys, rearranged furniture
*Clean/rearrange living room
*Clean/organize the kitchen
~Countertops
~Top & front of stove/under burners/drip pans
~Food cabinets (checked for/tossed any expired items)
~Fridge (top, outside, inside, behind)
~Floors (sweep/mop)
*Utility/Laundry room
~Empty Trash/Diaper Pail
~Organize cleaners into lovely new bins!
~Floors (sweep/mop)
##Upcoming Tasks##
#Bathroom (cleaned 2 x per wk, but when 4 people share a tiny space it can use an occasional hard core cleaning!)
#Master Bedroom
~Bookshelves
~Projects
~Clothing (it's folded into baskets, too tired to put away!)
#Laundry
~Saturday's laundry day, so the 1-2 loads waiting will be done this wknd
#Vehicles
~Who doesn't love a freshly-cleaned car?!?!?!
#Baseboards
~Kyleigh loves to help with this and it's easier for her than for me, so yay!
#Linen Closet
~Tiny, cramped, we'll remove everything, evaluate/situate
::Things that must wait::
1) Oven--I can't use the necessary cleaning products right now (not so much danger to the baby, smell is simply too strong & will cause nausea and/or migraine, so I need to wait for a night hubby's willing to go through the trouble)
2) Window Sills--waiting for everyone in my house to be over their sinus issues before I lift windows and screens again to remove any dust, dirt, or pollen
3) Tool Box--while it kills me to look at, Hubby manages his tools in a system of "organized chaos"...to me it's just chaos, but hopefully he'll situate that stuff soon!
4) Behind washer/dryer--they are too heavy for me to move on my own, so I need to wait for a night hubby's willing to go through the trouble
It's so refreshing to have things feel...refreshing! I'm not aiming for perfection, just improvement, and I'm seeing that. And seeing tasks get checked off a list makes my ♥ happy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment