Monday, March 15, 2010

Friends


Last summer when our family first moved back h
ere to C'ville, we spent a lot of time with friends. Our pals helped us fix up this house and clean it and get it ready to live in. Just for fun, we used to get together (in some combination) at least a couple times each week it seemed. Over the last few months, though, it seems everyone's had life changes with either job or marriage and our time together has also changed.

Though we're busy, we try to make time to be together. Occasionally on my posts I may mention a coffee date with friends, and it's most likely these gals. We're now down to once a month, but we keep up on Facebook then enjoy our chances to hang out in person when we can manage.
And Chris rarely gets a chance to get out with his friends, but still tries when they're all able.

Last weekend, on Friday, "guys night" was at our house. The guys used Josh's awesome new job as an excuse to get together, so Josh and Chad came over to our house to eat and play video games. (Yes, my kid is in a pic...normally I'd have taken the kids out so the men could have their own time, but the guys came over right before the kids' bedtime!)
(Wii Boxing: Chris & Chad)

(Call of Duty: Josh & Chad)

And this weekend, just last night, Cayla and Kelli and I got to go out to dinner at Olive Garden. We all have kids, so it was a nice treat to be at a restaurant and eat a warm meal and not have to feed/entertain our kids! There are always so many laughs when we get together, I really cherish that time with dear friends.
LtoR:
Cayla (a.k.a. C-Dub)
Me (a.k.a. J-Tizzle)
Kelli (a.k.a. K-Fae)
Kelli started the nicknames, and even named our little group
"I think it's because we're awesome!" hahaha I ♥ these ladies!

Chris and I are both so thankful to have the kind of friends we can genuinely live our lives with~~people we can share the good, bad, happy, sad, and crazy parts with!

No comments: