Monday, March 8, 2010

Let's Go Outback Tonight!


My family had a BIG night!

Due to food allergies, we've always taken our own food for the kids when we eat out...but tonight we tried something new...we ordered the kids' food off the Gluten-Free menu at Outback Steakhouse!

We've known that some restaurants offer GF menu options, but we've always been hesitant due to Kyleigh's severe reactions to certain ingredients. This decision was made after careful consideration and high recommendation by a friend whose daughter has had very similar food allergy experiences. And I can say after tonight that the kids' food was good, no issues, and we will definitely be trying it again!

I was having a really bad day prior to to this dinner. I know it may seem silly and insignificant to some readers...maybe even weird that our kids haven't eaten restaurant food...but it was a small thing that made my heart sooo happy!

Cell pics of our evening adventure:

Kyleigh reading her Gluten Free menu!

Josiah reading his coloring book menu!

Mmmm, juice!

We ordered 2 GF meals, the kids got 1/2 of each:
One was the Joey Sirloin & Veggies...

...The other was Grilled Chicken & Baked Potato

That's our boy, eating with his hands!
He loved the whole dinner.

Kyleigh couldn't eat fast enough, loved each bite!

What can I say...the girl LOVES her broccoli!

Big day for us, Kyleigh ordering off the menu!

Silly Siah!
He says, "Cheeeeese!", but won't take his eyes off the food!

JoJo showed Daddy his big boy dinner

Josiah also LOVES his broccoli!
(Again, why isn't he using a fork??? *sigh*)

Josiah reading a drink coaster...he'll read anything, I love it!
*Can you spot the broccoli in his bottom teeth? hehehe

2 comments:

Summer said...

So fun! I am glad that the kiddos were able to enjoy a new first!

Jordan Carroll said...

Yay! So glad you enjoyed a nice dinner as a family! Great pics. And I must say that I love the new blog look!