One trimester down, two to go! I went to the doctor today and had a great report on baby's growth, my weight gain, and got to hear sweet Jellybean's heartbeat again! Oh, that's just the most spectacular sound to a parent! I totally wish I could bottle that beautiful rhythm and listen to it daily until I meet our third child, at which time I'll then indulge in the feeling of that precious child laying on my chest where I can feel his/her heartbeat against me while smelling their sweet baby skin and watching their chest rise and fall with each baby breath they take! Yeah, I totally can't wait for that!
These early weeks of pregnancy have been tough. They've been tough for me and tough for my family, as I haven't been the active, hands-on mom in every waking moment like I would typically be and my hubby has taken over many of my usual duties/responsibilities.
These changes may be a good thing, though. Of course I'm not glad my hubby is doing soooo much between working two jobs, cooking, laundry, grocery shopping, dishes, and activities with the kids without my assistance. However, for the first time in our 6 1/2 yrs of marriage, he's also been solely responsible for our family budget. We've always agreed on budget/spending ea month, and then from that point I've been the person who does the shopping, pays the bills, buys gifts for others, etc. It's not that he doesn't care---it's just that I'm more anal and organized so we've always agreed for me to take on that duty since it falls within my gifting! LOL (Actually, though, somewhere along the line someone told Chris he's not organized or particular enough, and he somehow came to accept that and live in that, but the truth is over the years he's learned he's actually quite the organizational guru! Glad to see him breaking free from binding words that held him back!) Recently, Chris has taken on all those financial responsibilities, and done wonderfully with it! He's always known that I help the family in that way, but now he's feeling just how much planning and sacrifice goes into it and has handled it incredibly well. I'm so thankful for him keeping us on track.
My kids have also shown signs of realization that Mommy does less and needs more. My sweet Josiah, ever the mama's boy, has become more and more attached to his daddy and it's so sweet. Bittersweet for me, but sweet! haha Truly, though, he's always loved and admired his daddy; but where Kyleigh's a true-to-form daddy's girl and goes to Chris for every ouchie or secret or special request, Josiah's always come to me for the same. Seeing him go to his father for more needs makes my heart happy, as I want our son to learn about growing into a man from his daddy. I long for the days that Chris and Josiah will have chats about God and girls and everything in between! Also, Kyleigh's gentle spirit has been so refreshing for me, as she longs to do things to help me. One recent morning at approx. 8:30am my angel looked at me and said, "Mommy, you should lay on the couch. Here's a blankie." Too bad I can't actually take a nap that early in the morning, but her heart totally rocks for suggesting it!
Entering the second trimester, and ready to enjoy my daily life with my family and the beautiful life growing inside me. Oh, and I am super anxious for March to get here, as we're hoping to discover if we're expecting a "pink" or "blue" Jellybean next month! Woo hoo!!!
Until then, here's a pic from wk 12 (pics also on wks 4 & 8):
(In ea pic I wear less makeup than previous pic...no energy!)
earliest I've "shown", but I don't mind...it means I get to enjoy the baby bump longer this time around! Moms show sooner w/ each pregnancy, so I was pleasantly surprised to even get to wear size 1-2 jeans through a whole trimester of my third pregnancy...that was so impressive to me! Now, though, bring on the comfy elastic waistband! hehehe

1 comment:
You look FABULOUS! Can't believe it's 12 weeks already!
Post a Comment