Friday, February 26, 2010

Mother/Daughter Date



In 'exterior child' news, Kyleigh and I had a mother/daughter date on Tuesday, and it was just loads of fun!


I had some coupons for free makeup for me and s
ome coupons for 15% at a children's store for her (and Siah), so we went on our adventure. First, we got some fries as a treat on our drive to the mall. Then we while I hunted a particular makeup, Kyleigh spied glittery jars and bottles that just made her sooo happy! She's such a girlie girl! I'm really NOT a girlie girl, but the makeup serves two purposes...it helps me look only 1/2 as exhausted as I actually feel, and my skin is changing. This pregnancy has done a number on my hormones, including making my skin dry and with more breakouts than usual. So since I had the coupons, I decided to try a new mineral makeup, hoping it'll be kind to my skin.

Then we went to the clothing store for little pe
ople, and Kyleigh got to try on outfits & dresses galore! They actually already have some Summer outfits and dresses on the sale/clearance racks---how weird is that??? We tried on quite a few things for her, left with 3 dress for her plus some shorts and a hat for JoJi Bear (that's what KyKy calls her bro, JoJi Bear!) Seriously, these dresses were on what I call the "happy racks", plus 15% off...yay! Kyleigh typically gets a lot of hand-me-downs from my lil' sis, but we had a few dollars stashed away and it was nice to treat my girl to something fun! Siah doesn't get hand-me-downs, and he rebels against trying-on clothes, so it only made complete sense that I picked up a couple things for him while he hung w/ Daddy!





(3-way mirror: a nightmare to many, but her favorite thing ever!)













One of Kyleigh's favorite parts of the night was the French Fries. Another was riding an escalator...she'd have stayed all night and ridden those up and down 'til sunrise if I'd let her! So silly! And I could tell she appreciated the individual attention. My favorite part was just the one-on-one time, hearing everything she had to say without interruption, seeing her smile and feel special with her "princess dresses", as she calls them. We may be having another 'date' soon, as we both need a haircut. I cut Chris and Josiah's hair, but I don't feel comfortable cutting Kyleigh's...and certainly not my own! So that should be our next fun outing together. I'm also trying to think of something fun I can do on a 'date' with Josiah. It's got to be something super boy-ish---meaning loud, destructive, and silly. I've got a couple of ideas!

2 comments:

mom said...

Grandma loves her cute dresses and especially love the 'twirls'... too cute... Kyleigh you are a doll... truly precious!!!
So glad you both had such fun...

PS:Lil sis and I are having a girl day in the morning as there is going to be Dr. Seuss reading and activities 9:00am- 11:00am. at all Targets. Maybe there is one in your area???

Jessica said...

haha, mom, i was at Target today and had just read the sign about it when you texted me or emailed me about it! hahaha hope you and sis have fun!