Saturday, February 6, 2010

Hubby Brought Home an Alien


Actually, hubby brought home a new vacuum--it just looks like an alien!

If you read my facebook posts you know I've been excited all day for my hubby to be bringing home a vacuum after work! So
meone broke/damaged ours when it was brand new, so I've just been coping with it since (I don't know how long...maybe 4 yrs?). Now, though, it's reached a level of ridiculous that's barely worth the effort. Hubby fiddles with it from time to time to make short-term improvements, and that helps. But after we both dealt with our vacuum this morning, my brilliant man suggested that since we had a surplus to our expected savings this month we should treat ourselves to a new vacuum cleaner some sanity...and I agreed! I expected something similar to the one we use now, but nope! When men shop for appliances, they need them to appear "manly"...hence this very interesting-looking cleaning contraption (retails over $120 some places, he got it for $69, so at least 40% off!):
Yeah, I realize my hubby is still in the business of jewelry and could bring home some fancy bauble or another for Valentine's Day, but that's really not my cup of tea. If you know me at all, you know I barely wear jewelry. I'm not a fan of receiving flowers often, either...the gesture is nice on random Tuesdays once in a while, but is a burnt out idea on silly holidays like Valentine's Day. What I appreciate about my husband is that beyond boxes of chocolate, he shows me love year 'round, and listens to the things that matter to me. And he listened to my need for a working vacuum cleaner and did something about it. So, while Chris and I don't celebrate V-Day and he would NEVER give me a vacuum for a holiday anyway, I'm accepting this sweet gesture as an early V-Day gift because it comes with lots of love!

*If you wonder why he'd NEVER give me a vacuum as a holiday gift, it's because Chris's dad once gave his stepmom a vacuum on their anniversary and caught heck for it! My Father-In-Law's reasoning? "She said she needed one!" He was just trying to get her what he thought she wanted!

See, men DO listen! Ladies, many wives tend to give their man mixed signals--try not to do that! If you tell your man you want a vacuum and your man gets you a vacuum, accept the vacuum and don't give him grief...it means he was listening to you! If you tell your man you want diamonds and your man gets you diamonds, don't complain when your vacuum goes bust and you're the only thing left sparkling around the house!

1 comment:

Erin Bradley said...

I totally get the excitement over a vacuum! This summer I got a steal on a Dyson and I was sooo happy! Well done to Chris for helping to make your life easier/cleaner! :)