Tuesday, June 23, 2009

My Birthday!


Hiya! I'm still around, haven't disappeared, just didn't get internet service as quickly as we expected to upon moving back to Clarksville. But today we are finally back online, which was my first birthday gift of the day!

Yup, today's my birthday, now I'm 27. It's been a busy time for us, what with moving, Josiah's birthday (complete w/ out-of-state weekend house guests), Father's Day, and now my birthday. I'm going to post updates on all these occasions from today back to moving day, so no worries.

I haven't celebrated my bday in years. Don't get it twisted--I like birthdays, I like getting older, I like all of that. But I don't really like parties for myself. I'll arrange anyone else's party, but I'm not a fan of parties on my behalf. I do something extra-special for Chris each year (think Surprise Party, OSU football tickets, etc) and of course for the kids (I'll post Josiah's bday party stuff soon, so check back!), but refuse any fuss over my own bday. Chris always does something sweet for me, such as dining out or getting a little something I likely wouldn't get for myself. I asked for the gift of bath towels---something we needed but I preferred an "excuse" to spend more money after our move and other recent celebrations, and my hubby complied! We decided on Old Chicago for dinner, and yesterday Chris texted invites to some friends to join us. A few pals made it out, it was quiet, fun, good food, and a no-fuss good time! No presents and no talk of birthday-ish topics, just sharing a meal with pals. But I was surprised with a big bday cookie delivered to me at the end of my meal---YUM! I split it with everyone, but had I known it would be that good I may have been more assertive in keeping it for myself! LOL Good times!


My wonderful husband & me!
My wonderful daughter & me!
My wonderful son & me!
Kyleigh snapped this pic of Josh...not bad for a 2 1/2 yr old!
Kyleigh also snapped this pic of the Wilkersons
(plus my arm...oops!)
Jen & Elijah
Chris & Kyleigh (Josiah got left out)
Group shot (the server who took this pic
left Siah out in order to get everyone else)
Family pic (a little too close for comfort! Ha!)
Family pic, 2nd attempt
(KyKy accidentally covered up her bro's beautiful face!)
After being left out of or covered up
in multiple pics, I think Siah felt sad!
Yummy surprise bday cookie!


4 comments:

love, mom said...

Glad you had a GREAT BIRTHDAY dinner!!!
Love is a day to celebrate and Praise God for U!

Love and hugs sent your way...

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Happy Birthday! glad you are all moved!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Glad you are back on-line. We've missed you! Happy birthday!

CD said...

Happy Birthday Jessica! It was so wonderful seeing you all for Josiah's birthday...pictures don't do your beautiful family justice...but now that I've seen you all, it makes seeing you in the pictures even better!

That cookie, ohmygoodness...that's all I can say!