Chris asked what I'd like to do/have
to make this Mother's Day special.
My answer???
↓
↓
↓
↓
↓
↓
↓
↓
↓
↓
↓
(you think I'm gonna say "Another Baby", don't ya?!)
↓
↓
↓
↓
↓
↓
↓
↓
↓
↓
↓
..............................................
MOVING BOXES!
*And a new place to move them to, of course!*
(Maybe I'll ask for another baby next Mother's Day!)
to make this Mother's Day special.
My answer???
↓
↓
↓
↓
↓
↓
↓
↓
↓
↓
↓
(you think I'm gonna say "Another Baby", don't ya?!)
↓
↓
↓
↓
↓
↓
↓
↓
↓
↓
↓
..............................................
MOVING BOXES!
*And a new place to move them to, of course!*
(Maybe I'll ask for another baby next Mother's Day!)
And my amazing husband is in the process of making the dream of moving come true! Obviously he's not doing it alone. We serve an amazing God who is with us every step we take, and it is really He who has made this possible! And yes, I realize I'm using frequent exclamation points, but that's 'cuz I'm so stinkin' excited!
We have been wanting out of BG for pretty much the whole time we've been here. Chris has been so successful at his job, and enjoys many aspects of it, but has longed to complete a degree that would take him on a new career path. Jobs out there with better schedules (to allow Chris to complete school) can be found, but without enough pay to support the family. Jobs out there with sufficient compensation have similar or even worse schedules.
But now he has some approaching opportunities that could help accomplish both those goals.
Chris currently works anywhere from 50-80 hrs/wk, and sometimes it's a week and a half straight w/out a day off...it's crazy! But on Sat. 5/2 he received a job offer in another city with better hours (i.e. 35-40 hrs/wk!) and still enough compensation to support our family. This better schedule could allow him to finish school and move on with life, so we're thrilled at the opportunity. Also, he's had two other job prospects pop up for consideration since!
But now he has some approaching opportunities that could help accomplish both those goals.
Chris currently works anywhere from 50-80 hrs/wk, and sometimes it's a week and a half straight w/out a day off...it's crazy! But on Sat. 5/2 he received a job offer in another city with better hours (i.e. 35-40 hrs/wk!) and still enough compensation to support our family. This better schedule could allow him to finish school and move on with life, so we're thrilled at the opportunity. Also, he's had two other job prospects pop up for consideration since!
I haven't told most of you that we took our house off the market a while back. We never stopped wanting to leave BG -- seriously,never! -- but we felt we were seeking for ourselves and not following God's prompting. And I promise you that literally from the week we took the sign out of the yard, the Lord began to bless us so abundantly since! I believe He just wanted us to fully trust Him (ya think???). He's blessed us financially, he's blessed us more quality family time, he's blessed us with health and protection in the craziest circumstances and in the most evident of ways. (Some of you know of these: the healing of Kyleigh's eye Easter wknd? Or the gasping/ER trip late one night? Those could have been so much bigger, but they were no match for HIM!) Yes, quite evident! He's made His presence be a known comfort to us.
So now we just need to get our current home rented or sold STAT and we'll be good to go. Ironic, huh, since we had to take it off the market for all these other possibilities to open up?! Ha! What else is ironic is that this first job offer came on a weekend, and by Monday 5/4 a Realtor came knocking on our door. Seriously! He'd noticed on the MLS that our short-term listing with another company had ended; he wondered if we were still wanting to sell and perhaps with his real estate company. Being that Chris is a former Realtor, there are certain things he looks for in the process and the people who are a part of it, so we had a meeting with this guy last week and decided to hire him to sell our house. Yay!
It's all just so crazy, and needless to say, it's been quite a week for us! But to be clear, nothing is official. Nothing is in writing, and we're still waiting on details to be finalized. We should know details this week on how things are shaping up! If for some reason the final stats are different than anticipated, we may not move at all, but be staying here in BG...so please pray for our situation knowing God's in control. Just your prayers, that's all we're askin'. Not even gonna ask you go help us pack and carry heavy boxes (though I probably wouldn't send you away if you offered!)
I have to maintain at least some suspense, right?! Well, that, and we're waiting until each "t" is crossed, every "i" dotted, and all the spaces are filled in on a W4! Basically, waiting until all decisions are official and certain. But believe me, we won't be keeping it to ourselves for long...we can't wait to share what God is actively orchestrating in our lives! What I can tell you is that such big changes are not easy decisions, so I'm selfishly thankful and also humbly grateful that my Lord has given me such a wise and capable husband to lead our family--I'll follow him anywhere!
P.S. My hubby did give me moving boxes for Mother's Day--
complete with a bow, too!
So now we just need to get our current home rented or sold STAT and we'll be good to go. Ironic, huh, since we had to take it off the market for all these other possibilities to open up?! Ha! What else is ironic is that this first job offer came on a weekend, and by Monday 5/4 a Realtor came knocking on our door. Seriously! He'd noticed on the MLS that our short-term listing with another company had ended; he wondered if we were still wanting to sell and perhaps with his real estate company. Being that Chris is a former Realtor, there are certain things he looks for in the process and the people who are a part of it, so we had a meeting with this guy last week and decided to hire him to sell our house. Yay!
It's all just so crazy, and needless to say, it's been quite a week for us! But to be clear, nothing is official. Nothing is in writing, and we're still waiting on details to be finalized. We should know details this week on how things are shaping up! If for some reason the final stats are different than anticipated, we may not move at all, but be staying here in BG...so please pray for our situation knowing God's in control. Just your prayers, that's all we're askin'. Not even gonna ask you go help us pack and carry heavy boxes (though I probably wouldn't send you away if you offered!)
So, where are we moving to???
Wouldn't you like to know! Location is TBA!
Wouldn't you like to know! Location is TBA!
I have to maintain at least some suspense, right?! Well, that, and we're waiting until each "t" is crossed, every "i" dotted, and all the spaces are filled in on a W4! Basically, waiting until all decisions are official and certain. But believe me, we won't be keeping it to ourselves for long...we can't wait to share what God is actively orchestrating in our lives! What I can tell you is that such big changes are not easy decisions, so I'm selfishly thankful and also humbly grateful that my Lord has given me such a wise and capable husband to lead our family--I'll follow him anywhere!
P.S. My hubby did give me moving boxes for Mother's Day--
complete with a bow, too!

5 comments:
Oh, how wonderful! I've prayed that he would be able to get a different job. I'm so glad that God is answering your prayers! Keep us posted!
BTW, how did Crystal's baby's test results come out? Does he have a hyperthyroid?
Ok where is the city?
like Mr. Rogers said;
Oh won't you please be my neighbor???
We await your reply, after a nap... Love you
Yeah!
Let me know if I can be of any help from where I live.
-Summer
You toatlly had me going, there. I thought for sure you were pregnant!That's fantastic about the move! I'm so happy for you. I pray it all works out wonderfully. God is so good!
Wow--sounds like God is doing some good things in your life. I know I'm anxious to start with moving boxes again! I'll look forward to the 'big reveal' about your new location!
Post a Comment