Thursday, May 14, 2009

Thrifty Thursday


Some of this week's savings:



Okay, this one is my fave!
@ Walgreens, I got all of this ↑↑↑ for $8.88!
The fish oil was on sale for $8 (reg. $10.50),
which is good for Chris's asthma (& other health benefits).
$8 + tax =$8.48
In turn, I received $8 in Register Rewards

(it's like Walgreens cash to use on future purchase).
So in a separate transaction I go the rest of that stuff for FREE
(except I threw in the candy bar, hence the $0.40!)
I had a $1 off coupon for EasyMac, and they were $1 ea, so ultimately they rang up BOGO. Oh, and the pizzas were 2/$6, but I had a $0.75 off each, so they were 2/$4.50. Then the Colgate was $2.99, and I had a $1 off coupon, so $1.99!
So $1+4.50+1.99 = $7.49 + candy + tax= $8.40
Subtract $8 Rewards & vOiLa, just $0.40 on all those items!


These ↑↑↑ were from Walmart.
Magic Erasers @ $3.42 ea & used BOGO coupon

(they have smaller/cheaper packs, but we're moving so I figured these'll get used with no problem in both homes!)
A coupon got me the Sure for $0.28, and a $1 off coupon got me the $0.98 BBQ sauce for less than FREE! I had a second coupon, but gave it away--I can be nice like that!
So, $3.68+tax=$4.20
(Not an error: don't forget $0.02 bbq coupon overage!)



This is the deodorant my hubby prefers.
It was on sale at Rite Aid this week, $1.99 ea.
$1.99 x 2 and "$1 off purchase of 2" coupon...
Total with tax = $4.20 (eh, not bad)

Please, Please, Please
share your saving tips and plans, too!



3 comments:

Jenn Ruggles said...

Will you come shopping with me??? LOL I love you saving posts, it makes me want to be able to do that.

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

You are good, girl!

I stink at coupons and researching. Because of all the kids, I usually go to a big "bulk type store" and then I do the rest at another store. I know it isn't cheaper, but it is convienent and keeps me sane!

mom said...

Just registered for my freebie sweet treats,,,
great buys, and tips... you go!!!!