Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Some Savings


I finally got to shop at Walgreens and Rite Aid today. I didn't get to go through my coupons until late last night, as this week started off busy with an "open house" at our residence on Sunday. Possibly more to come on that later, but for now, here were my savings at the drugstores:

~Walgreens~


I bought 6 pkgs Kraft Mac 'N Cheese
These are on sale $1.50 ea
But with an in-ad coupon, only $0.69 ea
(ea coupon good up to 3 pkgs, I used 2 coupons for 6 pkgs)
I also had 2 coupons for "Buy 3, Get 1 Free"
So, I bought 6 @ $0.69 ea, got 2 FREE

I also bought 4 EasyMac pkgs
On sale $1.00 ea
I had 2 coupons for BOGO Free
So I got 4 for $2.00

Then my cashier made a mistake I caught later:
She rang up Mac 'N Cheese $0.69x8, subtracted
2 free...
but she removed those 2 at the reg. price of $1.50 ea,
so she subtracted $3 instead of just $1.38

My total paid was $4.52, but should have been $6+.
When Chris gets off work tonight I'm going to go back and pay the difference that was mistakenly deducted.

***I feel the need to state here that I am not addicted to Mac/Cheese! That's for my man! He loves the stuff!


~Rite Aid~


This store is selling a lot of Buy One, Get One items (BOGO), plus some just really good sale prices. Here's my story:

  • Viva Paper Towels 8pk=$6.99
(ea. roll approx $0.87 ea...you can get other paper towels cheaper, but these are great quality and we'll be needing lots as we fix up the house we're moving to--it needs a lot of TLC! No coupons for these, all out...darn!)

  • Cottonelle 12 pk Double Rolls=$6.99
(equivalent to 24 rolls @ $0.29 ea, so it's like the price of reg. Angel Soft, but it's softer TP! I'd used my coupons previously, but if you have any it'll make the deal that much sweeter...I got it anyway 'cuz we'll be between 2 homes this summer & don't want to have to take TP back & forth!)

  • Lay's Chips were BOGO=2 for $3.99
(maybe better deals elsewhere, but my hubby will surely eat them in his lunches & they were there, so it saved me a trip from hunting down other prices!)

  • Act II Popcorn was BOGO=2 for $2.49
(I'm no popcorn expert, but $1.25 ea sounded fine to me!)

  • Ziploc bags were BOGO...
($2.99 each
-$1.40 coupons
=2 for $1.59 or $0.80 ea
Just $0.80 each, as opposed to $2.99 each!)

  • Rite Aid trash bags were BOGO=2 for $4.49
(I was paying at the register when I remembered I needed trash bags. The cashier went to get them, and offered me the reg. kind or the Xtreme Flex kind with the BOGO deal, so I opted for the Flex kind. They didn't ring up BOGO, but since SHE found them with that sign, she gave 'em to me BOGO!)

  • Ritz Crackers + Wheat Thins=$2 TOTAL!
(Ritz are $3, but I had a $1 off coupon. Then I also had a coupon for Free Wheat Thins Artisan crackers w/ purchase of Ritz...but our local store didn't have the Artisan kind, so they substituted the regular ones for me--so nice!)

  • Pringles=2 for $2
(Reg. $2.29 ea, or this week 2/$3. I bought 2, and used a "$1 off purchase of 2" coupon, so they were approx. $1 ea
---sure beats $2.29 ea!)

Total: $30.54 + tax = $31.83
Compare to reg. prices w/out coupons:
Total: $67.96 + tax = $72.04
(I saved approx. 56%!)

2 comments:

Cayla said...

Where in town is your new place?

I Have Been Blessed said...

Are you using the Riteaid coupon for $5/$25 off all purchases? You use this coupon BEFORE all manufacturer coupons.