Yup, he's 11 months old! Some days I can't believe it,
others I can. I don't know--I just love this fella!
others I can. I don't know--I just love this fella!
What's the big guy up to these days?
He loves to smile and truly loves to laugh!
Hmmm what else???...more teething, cruising, and trying more self-feeding. When it comes to food, we've been warned of the high likelihood Josiah will have similar food allergies to Kyleigh's, so we've not offered him as many options as other parents of children his age would offer. We opted to wait longer to expose him to certain items in hopes of reducing (or at least not triggering) certain food allergies. We didn't expose Kyleigh to anything "too early" (i.e. no dairy before 1 yr old, etc), but she still turned out allergic to practically everything, so we exercise the same caution
with Josiah plus we're keeping our fingers crossed.
*Oh, and he says "apple"--though it goes something like "app-app-ole-app" haha. He doesn't say it as a declaration of any apples he sees, just repeats it after his sister says it. That's Kyleigh's favorite word/food/juice flavor, so she says it constantly and there's no doubt this is an early sign of more sibling-taught words to come! He also says "nana", which we're unsure is in relation to bananas or just the mumblings of a baby---I'll let ya know if he starts saying it in conjunction with the actual fruit!
He loves to smile and truly loves to laugh!
Hmmm what else???...more teething, cruising, and trying more self-feeding. When it comes to food, we've been warned of the high likelihood Josiah will have similar food allergies to Kyleigh's, so we've not offered him as many options as other parents of children his age would offer. We opted to wait longer to expose him to certain items in hopes of reducing (or at least not triggering) certain food allergies. We didn't expose Kyleigh to anything "too early" (i.e. no dairy before 1 yr old, etc), but she still turned out allergic to practically everything, so we exercise the same caution
with Josiah plus we're keeping our fingers crossed.
*Oh, and he says "apple"--though it goes something like "app-app-ole-app" haha. He doesn't say it as a declaration of any apples he sees, just repeats it after his sister says it. That's Kyleigh's favorite word/food/juice flavor, so she says it constantly and there's no doubt this is an early sign of more sibling-taught words to come! He also says "nana", which we're unsure is in relation to bananas or just the mumblings of a baby---I'll let ya know if he starts saying it in conjunction with the actual fruit!
He walks around the house pushing walk/ride toys or holding on to his parents' fingers. He's been doing this for quite some time now, so he typically zooms through the house like a fearless little boy should--but whenever I videotape him he starts walking silly and gooberish, so this video does not do his skills justice (except how he wrecks at the end---must be a boy thing to feel the need to run into something!) He still won't trust himself enough to walk alone yet...but he has started standing alone for brief periods, and it'll likely be by the big 1st bday that he's walking unassisted.
But OH, I CAN HARDLY WAIT 'til next month---I've got the CrAzIeSt pic to post from the day Josiah was born. Chris and I are the only people who've seen it, I don't believe it's ever been divulged to a relative or friend, so when he turns 1 will be the big reveal. It's funny...at least to us, so we're gonna share it with all of you around his birthday as we reflect upon our first moments with Josiah!
***P.S. I don't know how I got only a collection of only naked or at least pantsless pics for this post,
but I actally DO fully dress him (honestly, I do!)
but I actally DO fully dress him (honestly, I do!)


2 comments:
U R a cutie patootie lil man... We cannot believe you are about to turn '1'....
Hey I found your blog on Kelly's Korner and I just love it!!! I love your little one's name. Keep posting!!!!
Post a Comment