Sunday, May 31, 2009

Parenting Alone, Day 4


Wow, it's day four. Well, while the typical day is the same as if my hubby were working a long shift, something about knowing he won't be home at night (he's working in TN already & staying w/ friends for a few days) makes me feel more exhausted than usual. Plus, I don't sleep well when he's not here, so that's been tough. But thankfully my angels gave me a HUGE gift this a.m. to cheer me up---rest! Kyleigh slept until 8:45am, Josiah unti
l 9:30am. I freaked out when I woke up and saw the clock! Haha! That is just unreal, unexpected, and totally appreciated!

After getting it together, feeding the kids, and talking with my hubby for a few minutes and talking to my dad for almost an hour, the kids and I hit up Walgreens and Rite Ai
d for some deals. Here's all the stuff we got for a total of $15:


W
algreens:



The Ecotrin (aspirin)=$2.
I had a $2 off coupon. $2-$2=FREE

PLUS


I got a $2 Register Reward from that purchase
(money to use on anything in store)

...so...

the Chinet plates were 2 for $3
I had a $1 off coupon
$3-$1=$2, used Reg. Reward=FREE
(What's better than FREE plates for JoJo's bday party?!)

Then the Cutter Insect Repellent was on sale for $2
I had a $2 off coupon. $2-$2=FREE

(I actually had to pay taxes on these items, $0.55)

Rite Aid:



Aveeno sale:
BOGO 50% off.
These soaps were $6.99 ea, so about $10.50 for 2.

I had 2 coupons, $2 off each soap, so I paid approx. $6.50. Then I'll get a Single Check Rebate (SCR) in the mail for $3, so total will ultimately be only $3.50 for the two soaps
($1.75 ea rather than $6.99 ea!!!)

Schick Quattro blade refills are $11--
which I would NOT pay full price for!
I had a $4 off coupon, so I paid $7 and I'll get a SCR in the mail for $3, so total will ultimately be only $4 for blades.

Maybelline is a big sale item at Rite Aid this month.
These were 3 for $9.99, and that's what I paid. Still sounds like a lot, right? Well, I'll get a SCR for $5 in the mail! So ultimately the 2 mascaras + polish will be approx. $5 total.

Paying full price on all items would have been $42-45.

Walgreens: spent $0.55

+ Rite Aid: spent $25.67
=$26.22 spent up front
- $11 rebates coming in the mail
=$15.22 total for all those items
(Approx 66% off full price!)

(And yes, I always remember to apply for my rebates--
it's a quick 10-second process online, so easy!)

I got to tell my hubby of my savings during his lunch...
he was confused by my ramblings, but proud! :)

More items were on sale, but I only got things I'd use
(Except Ecotrin...it was free + got me $2 more free stuff!
Anyone need aspirin? Seriously, you can have it!)

5 comments:

Jodi said...

You have a good eye for coupons because I've never heard of Econtrin or whatever. To find a coupon for something that you don't use AND find that it's on sale, resulting in getting it free somewhere, THEN getting money back for buying it is a talent!

Jodi said...

Thanks for the info on the ground turkey. I've tried it before because after i lived with you guys, I tried it on Jon and the boys, but they always made comments on it and said it just isn't the same as beef (duh). I don't mind it because it's healthier, but since then I've just went back to the ground beef. I can use it for a ton of stuff like speghetti, make homemade hamburgers or even meatloaf. They're pretty picky eaters! I just know they wouldn't be a fan of turkey burgers :P

mom said...

Hey there... great deals and finds...

PS: good news...looks like its a go to leave a bit early for Jojo's party.. we have some testing on that Friday, but should wind down by 2, should get there close to time...YEAH!

Jessica said...

Mom-o, Yay! That rocks!

Jodi said...

Yeah, I have a feeling I'll get to know the employees there at Walgreens LOL. I already know where to go to check out because one of their printers doesn't print off the extra bucks, so I have to go to cosmetics or photo to do it. And yeah, I pass that place every time I take/pick up Jon to and from work.