Thursday, May 28, 2009

Early Steps Footage


This is mostly for the grandparents and relatives or anyone else who might care to see some of Josiah's early walking footage.

It was last week at 11 mo 3 days old that Josiah took his very first step--off camera, but at least it was in front of both his parents! We then filmed consequential walking attempts, but never got around to posting any (sorry, Grandma and Grandpa, for the slacking, but we know you're gonna love walking with him in June!).

Here's a snippet of Josiah's early attempts at walking
(read note that follows film):





***Note that Josiah was originally headed toward me, but then turned and walked to his Daddy! I'm so glad he did that, what a special surprise moment for Chris! (Plus, I didn't have to drop the camera to scoop up my snuggle bug and shriek with pride at his efforts while smothering him in kisses....uh, yeah, I would have done that! Seriously!) Instead my heart melted as I watched my guys and I made a conscious effort NoT to shriek, instead giving a lame, faux-cool-&-collected "Good job, Josiah". It's all I could do as my eyes teared up. But Chris didn't buy that for a second, and looked over at me to see if I was gonna lose it completely! Haha! I love that my man knows me so well! Wow, it's just really something when your baby starts walking. And some of you without kids (or maybe with) may think, "Well, you've seen it before with your first kid, it's not that big of a deal". But I feel differently. It's not like if you've seen one, you've seen 'em all. Not even close! Every single milestone in my kids' individual growth process is precious to me! I'm so proud of each child for the truly unique creation they are, and so grateful to be a part of their journey in this great big world. Yes, I saw my daughter's first steps, and it was an exciting moment in time. Now I've seen my son's, and it was an exciting moment, too!
It's all exciting! If you have kids, GET EXCITED ABOUT THEM!

3 comments:

Grandma said...

WOW... YOU go JoJo... now you can really give your mommy and daddy a reason to buy some good running shoes...LOL
So happy for you lil man & just a few weeks before your BIG birthday!

Jordan Carroll said...

Yay Josiah! How precious!! I remember Brady's first shaky little steps! It's a wonderful, memorable moment!

CD said...

I always freak when mine walk too, it is just a special, magical moment. Esp when the kid makes you wait FOREVER before he'll do it (uh hum, Bubby). :) Way to go, Josiah!