Where do you shop for your shoes???
This week I'm seeking shoes for myself and each of the kids. Haven't found any thing at a "yippee" price locally yet, so I'm hoping maybe someone reading this post will have suggestions for shoes at a great price???
BUT, I'm NOT wanting to pay that much! Why would I pay $50 for a baby's shoes which he'll outgrow in just moments?
Kyleigh had a pair of these shoes we got on sale at a Shoe Carnival last Spring/Summer, and of course eventually outgrew them. She loved them, and so did I because they had traction & sturdiness of a tennis shoe, but were sweet enough to wear w/ a Spring dress---in my world, that's great for a toddler who runs while wearing dresses! If I get a pair that tackles both those issues, I may be able to avoid getting sandals in addition. (She already has brown/pink dress shoes plus hightop-style sneakers, so I'm looking for a fun/casual in-between pair of shoes.)
And for me... I need casual-but-sturdy shoes, too. I currently have a pair that's somewhere in between these two style options pictured below, which are both found at Payless Shoe Source. Mine are TOTALLY worn out, and I'm seeking a new pair...probably in a shade of brown since I wear a lot of green, brown or neutral colors. I don't want something too ballet-flat looking, nor something too athletic. I have dressy shoes, and I have sneakers. I need everyday, comfortable, mom-on-the-go shoes!




5 comments:
Asher doesn't wear shoes yet, so I have no advice there... but I must tell you that I LOVE my Birkenstocks. They're ultra comfy and super durable. I would never pay full price for them, of course, but you can get really good deals on them if you keep your eye out. They retail around $100 or so, but I got mine for less than $30 at Sam's.
The boys and I have been wearing Sketchers. I would never have worn them, I always thought they weren't my style, until I found a pair that was, plus it was a nice gray color, which was casual, kind of trendy and sporty, and goes with everything. Don't know where you could find them. I found mine at a shoe store locally.
I know you don't like to wear shoes, and neither do I. I wear flip-flops everywhere I go. However, I have found some awesome shoes that slip on and no need to tie. They're Sketchers.
Here are the tan-colored-ones:
http://www.skechers.com/shoes-and-clothing/styles/sneakers/sneaker_clogs/product/bikers_-_love_you/nttp/
Here are the black-colored-ones:
http://www.skechers.com/shoes-and-clothing/styles/sneakers/sneaker_clogs/product/bikers_-_love_you/blk/
They also have them in white and other colors. Hope it helps. I think I might get me some of these!
I have Teeva's & they are awesome...cos I hate shoes & flip flops aren't comfy enough...but Teevas are sandals..slip in & out..& super comfy for everyday wear..you can wear socks with them too, for warmer weather :)
They're ugly though
nobuddys purfec!
I bought a pair of Chacos about 9 years ago, and they are still a staple in my summer wardrobe. They are extremely comfortable and durable. I even wear them on big events out when I know I will be on my feet a lot, like our recent trip to the zoo. They are a bit costly, but they are wonderful! I know that you, however, can surely find them on a good sale. I also agree with Wilkette, for my Birkenstocks are my winter staple and I have had them about the same length of time as my Chacos. I found both of mine randomly at very good deals. Good luck!
-Summer
Post a Comment