Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Family Fun


Chris and I really appreciate sharing quality time together (whenever we can manage to scrounge some up!), and certainly quality time with our kids. My hubby's work hours stand in the way of the gobs of family time we'd prefer to bask in on a constant basis, so instead we're left to appreciate each random moment we can snatch! Sometimes after the kids go to bed, the hubster and I chat about our respective days over a delightfully fun game of Scrabble ('Upwords' version). Some moments get serious/competitive, others are sweet-natured fun. Either way, good times!

Today in particular, Chris was off work so we accomplished some interior chores, exterior landscaping, some errands, and three appointments by Noon! Oh, and after lunch all 4 people in this house napped for two hours simultaneously! We wore the kids out, and as soon as they went down the hubby and I plopped our heads on our pillows, too! Sure, we could have used that two hours to get some things done, but today a nap was completely in order (those of you who know where I was late last night for 3 agonizingly long hrs will agree)!
Later in the afternoon we all played in the backyard w
hile grilling some Teriyaki chicken! Yummy! The kids couldn't wait to get out--especially Josiah, who was mesmerized by the strange light he'd seen shining through the windows since he first awoke in the morning (aka "sunshine")!








Didn't get any pics of my sweetie Siah & me, *sob*, but he's all over the place and hard to wrangle for a photo these days! I did get a cute one with Kyleigh, though! And after Josiah and I had come inside, Chris and Kyleigh stayed outside on the patio steps together chatting, so of course I snapped some pics of their quality father/daughter time! Hmm, what else? Oh, before bed we had some crazy tickle-time! Our kids love to be tickled--which I can't understand, for I find it torturous. But that's what they like, so that's what they get!

3 comments:

CD said...

Cute Pictures, you don't miss a moment with all the pictures you take! I feel like we have been slacking a great deal the last 2 kids, lol. Sounds like great family time!!

love, mom said...

Love the pics and that you had such a great time together, but mostly I love that you ALL got to catch some zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz's at the same time... Woohoo!!!
How we long for some of that too...LOL...

Have a totally beautiful and blessed Thursday...

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

How wonderful that you had some good family time. I love that kind of thing! We don't have much of that around here with the hubby. It seems like it is just usually the kids and I.