July 4, 2008...
(p.s. Yes, I'm aware that I was pudgy...
are you aware that I'd just given birth?! Ok then.)







July 3, 2009...
Last night the kids and I joined some friends at the riverfront to watch a fireworks display. Everyone was tired (plus Big J was teething miserably), but we had a fairly good time nonetheless. Chris tried to join us after work, but arrived only in time to fight the chaotic downtown traffic. That's ok, he'll be around this evening (July 4th), so we may light some sparklers as a family like we did last year. I'm glad the kids got to enjoy the extravaganza!





















July 4, 2009
Yup, we got to light up some sparklers with the kiddos when Chris got home from work today. It was just after the kids had eaten dinner, so the timing was truly perfect 'cuz happy, full-bellied kids do better w/ such occasions! The Daddy and the Mommy took turns with the sparklers and the camera and chasing Josiah around! It was a fun family activity.
What a difference a year makes! Wowza! Last year Josiah was just two weeks old, only holding his head up. Now he's a 1 yr old big boy who feeds himself and is talking and walking (actually, running...did you see the pics of our friend Chad chasing him down and wrangling him up just in time for the fireworks to start?!) And Kyleigh, *phew*! Last year compared to our newborn son we thought she was so grown up at 18 months old, but now I see she was so little in last year's pics! Now she's a super-experienced big sister with a heart to share, teach, talk, count, color, dance and read with her younger brother. I am excited to celebrate Independence Day, and already can't wait to see the growth in next year's photos!Yup, we got to light up some sparklers with the kiddos when Chris got home from work today. It was just after the kids had eaten dinner, so the timing was truly perfect 'cuz happy, full-bellied kids do better w/ such occasions! The Daddy and the Mommy took turns with the sparklers and the camera and chasing Josiah around! It was a fun family activity.












1 comment:
Cute pics! Looks like you had some good family time on the 4th. Good for you for making wonderful memories with your kids. Happy late 4th! And, no, you don't look pudgy!
Post a Comment