Tuesday, July 7, 2009

FINALLY!

There was a post on here about my hubby's eye injury over the weekend, but now it's apparently out in cyberspace or something. Anyway, we got through the whole Independence Day weekend without any fireworks catastrophes. Awesome. But then, just hanging out before the kids' bedtime on the 4th, Josiah poked Chris in the eye and scratched his retina. At first we weren't sure if it was just sore or actually scratched. Chris waited a while and kept the lights out and a cold compress on, but the pain become unbearable. Since the kids were down for bed by the time my sweetie came to this conclusion, a friend drove him to the ER and stayed with him 'til they finally got to leave around 1am. He got some pain meds that first night while in the ER, but since then has only used Tylenol. Oh, and he's been putting drops in his eye also. He's been recovering well, and we appreciate the prayers of those of you who knew. It could've been so much worse, so we're thankful for the quick healing.

On Sunday Chris rested (for his eye) while Josiah napped, and I took KyKy to church. We visited the church Chris and I had attended for years while living in C'ville before. Kyleigh really enjoyed her little class, too, and everyone told me she was well-behaved and shared with others. Sounds like my Kyleigh, but with toddlers ya just never know! She told me she had fun and was thrilled about the sheep creation she brought home! I ran into a former Sunday School classmate, and was glad to see some other familiar faces, too. We haven't narrowed down our "home church" just yet during this new season of life that's brought us back to TN, but I'm glad to absorb an incredible message wherever I can!

Yesterday we took family portraits. It was time to mark Josiah's 1st year, Kyleigh's 2.5 yrs, and sorta get us all in the same frame at the same time. Wow. Some time ago a pal asked me to share some of the challenges that are faced with raising two small kids, as she has a son just weeks older than KyKy and was expecting baby #2 this summer (he was born in June, happy & healthy!). I suppose that family portraits deserve to go on that list of "Challenges While Raising 2 Small Kids". It was easy when KyKy was a non-mobile newborn, then tougher as she got mobile, then easier again when she was old enough to grasp sitting still for a shot...but in the midst of that we had Josiah, who is not interested in sitting, but in going, going, going! But he, too, will improve in his stillness (I hope), and eventually family portraits should be a piece of cake! Hahaha!
(*If you have older kids and believe this NOT to be the case for my future, please don't burst my bubble by telling me differently...I'm hanging on to hope!)

And today our A/C is FINALLY being fixed. I say FINALL
Y 'cuz we've lived here 3.5 wks and been without A/C for 2.5 wks. It's Summer. It's hot. Our friends that own this home we're renting have given their all to getting it fixed from out-of-state, but we've all gotten the run-around from the home warranty company and the guy contracted to do the repair. OMG. It's been frustrating for us all, as the company kept saying, "It'll be fixed today, tomorrow at the latest" for the past two weeks. I've been saying that I'll believe it when I see it...and today I've seen these workers with my own two eyes. Here, you can see them, too:

Here they are, actually showing up!

Old unit out, new unit going in.

A lil' blury, but it's an action shot...
they're actually fixing the problem, so blury is good!

Oh hooray for the cool air on its way!

3 comments:

Jon said...

The 666 thing is weird. Hope Chris' eye is doing better.

Jessica said...

J~ Hahaha, I thought it was bizarre enough to be catchy! His eye is doing much better, thanks! Can't wait to get that CD of bday pics, I didn't have too many, so I'm excited to see it from your vantage point!

mom said...

U R Kidding... AC??? $ real???
Wow... Are you just totally in AWE.... How cool.. :-0