Our recent family portraits came in last week, but upon the news of my friends losing their daughter, I held off posting them for a sec. I guess I didn't want to sort of just jump up and down with joy about how cute I think my kids are when theirs was being laid to rest. But I know they love us and want nothing less than for us to experience the full joy of life. So, on that note, I'm going to post Josiah's 1 yr old portraits as well as our family pic and some random shots of 2 1/2 yr old Kyleigh.
I know that time flies and all that jazz, but WOW! I remember how in Kyleigh's 1 yr pics we were pregnant with Josiah (which is shown by the puffiness in my face in the left-hand side photograph below), and now we've gone through that entire pregnancy plus a whole year and it's Josiah's turn to celebrate being 1 yr old!
Now, as I look back, these family photo poses strike me as ironic! In the Dec. '07 pic, Chris was behind me, Kyleigh was on my leg, and Josiah was inside my belly. The only difference now??? Josiah's an exterior baby, but still sitting in front of my belly! Ha! Oh, and Kyleigh has waaay longer hair! Ha!

Our newest family photos are not my favorite...photographer didn't seem to be much of a "kid person". Why she's in the business of FAMILY photographs, I don't quite know! So my kids were getting frustrated with the process and in these pics they're obviously not their happiest. But at least we documented that there were four of us in the family this Summer and what each of us looks like at our prospective ages. So, I guess if we're in front of the camera and a photograph is created, that's some semblance of success, right?! Here's more shots from our portrait adventure:













5 comments:
Wonderful pictures! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog.
Wow, these are great pics...love them...
Pray you are all doing well...
PS: Especially of the family photo...we hope to get a new,,,
You just have the cutest kids! This post is reminding me to get the kids' birthday pictures taken soon. Can't believe we're celebrating birthdays again already. Seems like yesterday we were celebrating Hailey's 1st and Josiah's 5th.
They are such angels (your kiddos) & I think the pictures are terrific!! They look so happy & they are both so photogenic, I also love the family pictures!!
Post a Comment