Sat, Jan 2nd we were in AL for Kyleigh's 3rd birthday party. My parents and baby sis live there, as well as my brother's large family, so it made the most sense to go where everyone else already lives! Chris's dad and nephew drove from Ohio to join us, and along with a few more of Kyleigh's little friends in AL it was a big fun party!
The night before the party Chris and I made and decorated KyKy's special cake, and we made her chocolate chip cookies the morning of the party.
Cake? Cookies? Yup, you read that correctly! We used Betty Crocker's new gluten-free mixes and all went well! We had also ordered KyKy some special popcorn and pretzels, so there were lots of "normal" snack foods for all the kids to enjoy...and from what we saw, all the kids seemed to enjoy the foods w/out a single mention of any difference in taste! Yay!
But before all the snacks and gifts were enjoyed, the kids played played played at Pump It Up, which was a blast! Kyleigh was a bit timid at first, and even began to tear up in her hesitation around the large inflatables, but once she gave it a shot, she was ready to jump her little heart into some serious birthday happiness! Chris and I jumped, too, as well as flew down the slide with the kiddos--such a good time! Wow, I hope we do that again for another of our kids' future birthday parties!
Here's a look at some of the fun we enjoyed!
Carrie, my Granny, my bro, Nicole
(no butter or preservatives)
(all allergy-free)
Birthday Girl & My Grandmother
(yes, our girls are named Ryleigh & Kyleigh!)
Eli, Ben, Nathan, Trinity (Kyleigh) Winter
Lots of love!

2 comments:
We just went to a birthday party at a Pump It Up. It too was a blast. I love that she got to enjoy her own special treats on her birthday! Also, the K cake was super cute! Way to go mom!
Thx! But I've gotta give credit where credit is due...Chris came up w/ the "K" idea and managed to cut it out of a sheet cake in once piece! I baked it, he shaped it, she loved it...it's all good! :)
Post a Comment