Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving Day


This Thanksgiving we enjoyed a mellow day at home. I think the last time we traveled to be with family for a major holiday was Thanksgiving 2006...just about a month before Kyleigh was born (oh, and let me tell you, I used the whole "eating for two" excuse to consume an extremely RIDICULOUS quantity of good food!). Since that year, though, Chris's job changed and his work schedule just doesn't allow for traveling since he is required to work the day prior to and the day following Thanksgiving. Honestly, while it would be nice to celebrate with family, we don't mind avoiding long road trips and the holiday stress of it all. We also enjoy knowing that what we cook in our home is free of food allergy concerns so that our kids can partake in the yumminess as well!

Anyway, this Thanksgiving was another relaxed one for us, and we had a nice family day. I didn't sleep well last night, so my generous hubby let me sleep in late this morning while he had some time with the kiddos and cooked a nice breakfast. Then the whole family pitched in to put away a few loads of clean laundry. Oh, and Kyleigh used the phone to call my 2 yr old sis (her Auntie MoMo) and my parents (Gramma/Grampa, as she calls them) and just chat away! Then during the kids' naptime I dozed off on the sofa and Chef Chris cooked a Thanksgiving feast for all of us. Surprisingly, I actually used self-control with my dining and even had room for dessert! After dinner we stretched out and watched A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving (well, actually the kids and I watched it...that was Chris's chance to catch a nap after all the cooking he'd done today!). I think it was a fabulous Thanksgiving!


Thanksgiving '09
(Josiah didn't care to take a photo, he started eating w/out us!)

Ready to give thanks

Trying to make "prayer hands" like his big sis

Happy Thanksgiving!

Yay for dinner!

This girl LOVES her food!

Josiah, chowin' down!

Little Man tried to help clean himself up after dinner!

Siah & Daddy

Me w/ my girl

My boy and me

Kyleigh wanted "fancy" hair, so she got braided pigtails

Josiah watching a movie

Kyleigh watching a movie

1 comment:

Hugs, Grandpa, Grandma, Moriah said...

Great pics, looks like your day was mellow like outs... We missed you all... Have a great TGIF