Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Seating and Savings


In order to move into this small rental home, we had to downsize our furniture, including parting with our beautiful dark cherry pub-height table that seated 8 people. Now we have only a small round breakfast table which can seat 4--but we only have 2 chairs with it. So, with each of our 2 kids in a booster seat, well...umm...where are Chris and I supposed to sit??? With my hubby's previous work schedule, it honestly didn't matter because he wasn't really home for meals and I'd just eat at random opportunities! Now our family schedule is a little different and we're excited to eat meals together!

Chris and I decided to get 2 high chairs for the kids so he & I could use the dining chairs. We decided on wooden restaurant-style high chairs because they will last our kids (and visiting nieces/nephews) a few years, and I found 2 brand new high chairs for $59.85 (incl. tax and shipping). That's about what one Space Saver High Chair can cost for one kid at a time (we have one that KyKy used then passed on to JoJo!), so this price was a great deal. Oh, and the best part? Even though I actually budgeted $59.85 for the two chairs, I only had to fork over $11.37 out of my budget! HOW??? I went to pay our invoice via PayPal and discovered that somehow we'd accumulated $48.48 in our PayPal account without even remembering how it got there (I think from back when Chris had sold some old school books online). I ♥ unexpected cash! So yeah, $11.37 sounded super great! Here's what our new high chairs look like:

Neither of the kids could wait to sit on the new chairs...

...even though they weren't yet assembled!

Chris assembled the high chairs after bedtime,
can't wait to see how the kids like them in the a.m!


2 comments:

Cayla said...

Very awesome. They look great!

mom said...

I love that chair... How can we order one for baby sis?