Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Play and Pray


* The original post from my last entry has been saved.

In just 24 hrs I received so many sweet and encouraging comments (plus swarms of emails, Facebook msgs, and a phone call from a relative) about my last post--WOW!
I fret about being the kind of mom I need to be for my kids, and recently my sweet son has challenged me in ways I never expected. A couple weeks ago it was eating habits that had me concerned, then this bigger attitude/behavior situation sparked an intense overload in my heart. I really appreciate the Godly women in my life stepping up with support and love and encouragement my heart has needed. Thanks ladies!

Is it just my kid? No.
Is it a boy thing? That may be part of it.
Is it permanent? No.
Will we survive? Yes...and we will thrive!

I think the most important aspect of handling this situation (and raising my kids in general) will be remembering that it's not all up to my husband and me. The Holy Spirit will have the greatest affect on our son's heart, and I need to demonstrate greater trust in that process. So I'm off to play and pray!


2 comments:

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Great attitude, Mom! Keep it up! Remember you are just one tool in God's toolbox for your child.

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

You got it, Girl! The part about the Holy Spirit is the most important thing. You're doing great!