This post is not about anyone being sick! In fact, we're all starting to feel a little bit better...finally! This post is actually about a gift that made a little girl VERY happy!
I feel the need to say that we don't spoil our kids, not with allowed behavior and not with toys. I was raised in a strict home, so I don't understand allowing my kids to do whatever they want whenever they want, nor do we buy them whatever they want whenever they want it. But I am nice to my kids, and I thoroughly enjoy seeing them happy! Today, we got to experience an entire day of pure joy with Kyleigh. After feeling so funky for the last few weeks, this simple gift made things so much more fun around here!
I've got a handful of gifts put away for Christmas, but today we let KyKy open one early. Why? Just because.
Kyleigh is very nurturing and caring and loves to help people. She also uses her imagination wonderfully. Kyleigh's seen a LOT of doctors in her life, been through a lot of testing and probing and such, so she knows just how "all that doctor stuff" works. For example, for some time she's taken different random objects and put them around hr neck like a stethoscope. And upon taking Josiah to the doctor recently, I noticed her trying to teach him to say "aaahhh" so the doc could look at his throat. And today I stubbed my toe and she patted me on the shoulder, kissed my ouchie to make it better, showed me where I could find a band-aid (though I didn't need one), and promised me "it will be okay"! We've had a little medical kit put away as a holiday gift, so we decided today to just give it to her...just for fun.
She was THRILLED! Some of the little medical tools light up, like the one used to look at the pupils and the one to look inside the ears, etc. She even got a little name tag...and she told her daddy her name is "Dr. KyKy". LOL Our sweet girl had a blast playing doctor and sharing her medical knowledge with the family. Thanks to Dr. KyKy, we've all had our shots and are decidedly healthy!
Here's some pics of our exams
with Dr. KyKy, and her assistant, Dr. Siah:
***Pssst, Mom...I sent you an email!***


3 comments:
Awesome! I miss my neice and nephew. Speaking of pics, how did those other pics work out for you?
So precious! Don't you just love how their little imaginations work? I'm glad you've all had your check-up's and are in stellar health! ;) BTW...I love the last pic of Josiah! His little belly hanging over his diaper made me chuckle.
I'm so glad you guys are feeling better. Those pictures are so cute! What a sweetie. I love doing stuff "just because".
Post a Comment