Friday, October 9, 2009

All Done!















When Josiah is done eating or closes a book he's finished reading, he stretches his arms out and exclaims quite matter-of-factly, "All Done!".

As of today, a life chapter is closing. It's "All Done!". My husband is completing his final day as a full-time sales associate in a retail environment! Next week Chris begins his job at the bank, and I'm totally excited for him! And for our kids. And for me! Yay!

I know, I know, so many people working the 9-5 daily grind are bored with their lives and want something different. I understand that. And to those people I say, "Go get it!". Go get what you dream of for your family! I realize the monotony is too much for some. But for us, it's different. The ever-changing schedule, the nights, the weekends, the holidays all being about work is too much for our young family. My husband has been working a lot because he's had to as required by his job. He worked his way up from regular associate to Assistant Mngr to Manager. With each promotion there were pros and cons...the "pros" always coming up short with "cons" that included living in a town with no friends, no fellowship, no life. The only way to eliminate those cons (basically to stop relocating and to get better work hours) was to keep working his way up to managing a local district or region...but then the price would be traveling far away from his family for meetings on a consistent basis. Like driving far enough to have to stay in hotels each week or even airplane rides away frequently. This was not my hubby's idea of a situation improvement. So he was done. He stepped down from leadership, moved our family closer to our friends and back to the town where we first met, became friends, fell in love, got married, and started our family. With the Lord's help, he gave our family a fresh start, and I'm so grateful for that!

Now it's his turn for another fresh start with his upcoming job! I'm so happy to see my hubby get back into a business that holds his interest, which provides for our family's needs, and allows him to pursue his passions (discipleship with college students, continuing his education, quality time with his kids, taking his awesome wife on dates...*wink*)

I'm so excited that from now on we'll be seeing more of this:


If you have a goal, reach for it. If you have a dream, dive into it. If you want a change, go for it! Wishing you all a wonderful holiday weekend.

2 comments:

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

It's just so exciting! I'm so happy for you!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

I'm just so happy for you. Michael started his job today, but since it is Columbus Day, he didn't have to go to work and he got paid for it. How cool of a first day is that? I'll be praying for both our sweeties to have good transitions into their new jobs.