Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Childsplay


This week in particular I am enjoying playing with my kids and just appreciating all their many differences and a handful of similarities they share. Both are such terrific constantly evolving people, so I thought I'd jot down some of the
observations I'm taking in at this stage in their lives...

Both of my kids like to put things on their heads:
(JoJo's not going to be happy with me when
I show that last pic to his girlfriends someday!)


And over their faces:

(this is a clear bucket for snap bead toys;
they like to dump the toys out ~see on floor!~
and
hear their voices echo in the bucket!)

Both also enjoy coloring:

Kyleigh adores dress-up & wearing everything at once:

Josiah prefers to be in the buff:
(I hope that means he'll be excited about potty training when the time comes!!!! ~He does not get to run around naked, though, this pic was just snapped at bathtime~)

Kyleigh likes calm, mellow playtime w/ either real or stuffed friends (she's signing "friends" in the first pic):

Josiah uses his energy to climb on things:
(and sometimes he falls off!)

Both like to wrestle, too:
(I know Kyleigh looks in pain, but actually this was just the exact moment of impact from being plowed over! Laughing hysterically that Josiah blindsided/bulldozed her to the floor, she said, "Mommy, Siah surprised me! Silly Siah, he's silly!")

And a joy to my heart, both my kids LOVE to read:
(this pic is from a few weeks ago,
Kyleigh reading to her brother before bed)

1 comment:

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

They look like they have a great time together. You're play room is sooo neat and tidy!