In the Spring of 2006, my dear friend Leslie and I discovered just days apart that we were each expecting our first child! We used to have weekly coffee dates, our families vacationed together--we were already inseparable pals, so it was very exciting that we'd go through pregnancy together! And icing on the cake, we were both becoming mommies to little girls! Leslie and I shared an estimated due date for months, but it was actually Elisha who arrived here first on Dec 22, 2006, followed 8 days later by Kyleigh. Immediately I dubbed Kyleigh and Elisha "Baby BFF's" because, well, that's precisely what they were!
In June of '07, however, both our families moved away from C'ville, and though we've kept in touch we hadn't seen each other all this time...until tonight! Just as my family did this Summer, Leslie and Elisha moved back to C'ville this Fall and we finally got together this evening. Between crazy schedules and having a houseful of sickies off and on, it's been tough to find a way to hang out. Finally our homegirls got to come over for dinner and play time tonight and it was simply lots of fun!than we had stacking them!
At the end of the night, I asked Kyleigh if she wanted her friend to come over to play again. She said "Oh yes", so I suggested she ask Elisha's mommy about it. Of course Leslie said "Yes", and another play date is in our near future! I'm so thankful for these beautiful lasting friendships!

3 comments:
What a precious time with Les and Elisha... So glad you had such a sweet visit... she is a doll... they are all adorable.... :)
How wonderful to be able to get together again! What beautiful little girls, you both have!
There is nothin' like a prego friend! Mine is Rachel (three times together).
That is so neat that you guys are living in the same town again. Glad you guys had a great time. It is fun having a prego buddy!
Post a Comment