Saturday, February 14, 2009

My Valentine


This Valentine's Day I need to brag on my husband--

--I need
to! He's so wonderful to me each day of the year, and this week exceptionally so!

I'm not good at buying myself stuff, I either do without or return 90% of whatever I get for myself. I love to give things to others, but I just don't do well getting things for me. But recently I've had some needs and wants, and my amazing husband has gone out of his way to provide th
ose things. He's so generous and giving--and I don't mean just because he got me "stuff", I mean because he thought of me, my needs (and wants), and gave of his time/energy/finances to make it possible for those things to enter my world!

On Wednesday, after the kids' dr appointments, we went to TJ Maxx. Still on my hunt for the perfect diaper bag/purse (go HERE for that post), I browsed the handbag section with amazingly low prices! We narrowed our choices to 2, but neither of us were sure which would work out best. I don't only have to carry diapers & food for Josiah, but since Kyleigh's so limited in diet I often have to carry snacks & such for her, so lots of stuff. Chris suggested we buy both and at home we'd put our items inside and see which worked best. Seriously, he bought me 2 amazing bags to choose from! One was a tall tote, one was separated into 3 large compartments which would function well as a purse (having a real place for wallet, keys, etc rather than digging to the bottom of the tote for everything like I do now!). Both accomodated my needs, and were approx. same price, so I chose the one with compartments--a fabulous Nine West bag--great quality & cheaper than Walmart diaper bags!
What a steal!



I've needed a flat iron, too, but didn't want to just by any ol' cheap-o one...I've already acquired one of those. It does basically nothing for my hair, and that's sad 'cuz I have straight hair! Well, it's not curly or permed or anything, but it's become more wavy since Josiah was born, and since I keep it a short-to-medium length, it flips all over the place and annoys me so I have to keep getting it cut. Chris has shown interest in me growing it longer, so I knew a flat iron would help me keep my sanity during that process. But good ones are expensive, right? Sometimes the CHI can cost up to $200...but since I found one at 74% off, I got to order it and we called it my Valentine's Day gift. We don't really celebrate the heart-filled holiday, but it seemed like a good excuse for spending the money (oh, how I cringe at spending money on anything for me!). And since it arrived yesterday it was perfect timing!. Check out the difference in a quick 5 min. once-over on my wild hair:



Ya know the saying, "It's the thought that counts"? It's so true, I'm appreciative that he put so much thought into my gifts! He even gave me a V-Day card this morning before leaving for work! This is noteworthy because we typically don't celebrate this day, plus for any occasion he buys cards at the last-minute (like the day of!) and he was proud to tell me he'd had this card hidden for a week! LOL And even though we haven't celebrated Valentine's since we were engaged, I also had something planned for him. He's been wanting to store more music on his pda but has a tiny memory card, so I ordered him a 2-pack of 4 GB memory cards (8 Gigs...that should do the trick!). But sadly, it's arriving late so he won't get the gift until next week. Oh well, I'm sure his upcoming vacation will be a good distraction--
he works so hard and sooooo deserves the break!


4 comments:

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

I found your blog on my sister's blog, a fire fighter's wife. I had some time to do some blog browsing today.

I'm glad you are having a wonderful Valentine's Day.

I just had to tell you, I love your son's name. We named our son, Josiah, too.

God Bless, Jackie

P.S. Your hair looks great and I love the bag!

CD said...

I love the diaper bag! It is so groovy & I also love your hair. I had no idea flat irons could do that (& in fact, never thought much about them)....I can see why you wanted one now! Very pretty (although, even w/out it, your hair is very pretty).
Happy V-day :0)

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Your hair looks so cute like that! Wow, what a difference that iron makes. I want one!

Anonymous said...

CHIs are amazing! I've had mine for 5 years now, and I know I'll have it forever!

Your new bag ROCKS! The animal print is fiesty!