Saturday, February 21, 2009

More Valentines--Not Mine


Okay, I told you all about my Valentine, my sweet hubby. Turns out he was also someone else's Valentine this year...Kyleigh's. I predict this is likely to be the trend for many years, as she's quite the Daddy's Girl.

She made him a card, and we took it to him at work last Saturday afternoon. She was so excited to see him, but he was working with some customers so she waited shyly until he saw her. Then she ran to him and reached as high as she could to get the card to him on the other side of the jewelry case! (Oh, Chris is a jeweler, if you're reading this and don't know much about us...that will help make sense of my story!). He was so excited, and many of the customers were commenting on how cute and sweet his girl is. Then he came out from behind the counters and gave Kyleigh 2 carnations (because she's 2 yrs old). She hugged and kissed him, then hugged my leg as ladies in the store sighed, "Awww" (I think she was a little shy or embarrassed). For the rest of the afternoon she kept the flowers with her in the stroller, so proud of her sweetly-scented gift from her Valentine!























What about Josiah, you ask? Well, not to worry, Grandma and Grandpa sent a box full of fun stuff for the kids (plus candy for Mom and Dad!), and Josiah really got into opening everything up! Both kids enjoyed their special gifts, and it was neat to see how JoJo's growing up and participating more in those exciting little activities.
















Oh, and I ended up telling Chris about his gift. I'd already told him I had a gift that would be delayed, and since we were heading out of town the following day he was concerned about it being delivered while we weren't home. It was actually being delivered to a store location for us to pick up later, but he asked so I finally told him. He was grateful, not worried at all that it was delayed, just looking forward to using a new memory card for his pda that would hold his Bible Study info and all the music he loves to load to it! Whoo hoo, I love giving gifts!


2 comments:

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

How absolutely sweet. It brought tears to my eyes as you described your daughter giving her card to her daddy and him giving her the flowers. It is so important to take any opportunity to let each other know how much we love one another. Thanks for sharing this post.

Me said...

Girl! I wanna know about that stroller!